- Understand and assist in supporting all issues in the Operational Data Store (ODS) environment.
- Direct involvement in all new requests and production issues in the Common Staging Area (CSA) environment
- Understanding data flow for all projects from the CSA, ODS, and Data Warehouse. (DW)
- High level understanding of data flow from EDI transactions to the ODS.
- Help assess and evaluate system and business implications for new requests in the ODS, CSA and DW environments.
- Works closelywith development team to understand new technologies and to help support the production environment with these new technologies.
- Understand the business implications and downstream impacts of any and all production problems and be able to report on potential problems and ramifications as they arise.
- Ability to lead projects with the business for requested changes in these environments.
- Be aware of all audit issues as they relate to new requests. Ensure that all projects meet internal audit requirements and follow proper audit procedures. Evaluate all new/assigned processes to ensure audit efficiencies.
- Be responsible for maintaining and/or updating documentation regarding various aspects of each assigned change.
- Work as a team with ODS / CSA / DW Leads to ensure environment stability
- Be willing to work off-hours and weekends.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Background in monitoring / supporting large scale IT environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Ability to implement the creation of innovative strategies, methods, and approaches.
- Strong interest and good comprehension of emerging and new technology.
- Strong attention to detail, process, deadlines and quality results.
- Strong team player able.
- Proven track record of meeting project timeliness/deliverables.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelordegree or relevant experiencerequired
- Experienceworking with relational databases and familiarity with an ETL tool required.
- Hands on Production Supportexperience in fast moving IT environment
- Hands on experienceworking with SQL, Python, UNIX commands
- Understanding of Big Data / Hadoop ecosystem a plus.
- Experience in the healthcare and insurance industry a plus.
- Open to learning new technologies
- Minimum 5years Databaseexperience.