$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Mid-level technical position in the Analytics Solutions Group (ASG) responsible for development of IIoT software applications while working in the project team. This opportunity would have a career path focus identified between development and database. This role could be assigned leadership of a small team of lower level developers to support in mentoring as well as support the project technical lead in planning and executing of daily activities.
• Demonstrates a solid knowledge and experience of software development techniques and principles. Demonstrates ability to meet project budgets and scope.
• Demonstrates technical and functional experience in using and developing an "enterprise-wide" business application on a platform like MES, ERP, etc. (i.e. SAP, FactoryTalk Production Centre, PTC ThingWorx, Vuforia, Kepware etc.)
• Demonstrates knowledge and consistent performance in conversion of software design to effective implementation in commercial software products including following Rockwell Automation iPM (Project Management Model).
• Demonstrates leadership through ownership of technical project deliverables and working with less experienced resources for assigned project work scopes.
• Performs and or directs the technical work scope for projects, and provides accurate status reporting of same to technical leadership and project management.
• Responsible for maintaining and enhancing personal technical skills as well as working with less experienced team members.
• Domain experience working with manufacturing execution (MES), manufacturing operations management (MOM), SCADA, or material resource/enterprises resource planning (MRP/ERP) systems or applications is preferred.
• Knowledge of pertinent industry concepts and standards as they pertain to MES (i.e. MESA, ISA 95, etc.)
• Development Technical Knowledge:
• Working on development teams using a technology stack like .NET, J2EE, web services, ASP, etc.
• Experience with an integrated development environment either for .NET or Java.
• Executes functional test plans, unit testing, and supports customer facing user acceptance testing
• Database Technical Knowledge
• Designing and interfacing information systems to the factory automation layer through data historians, OPC servers, or other mechanisms.
• Write and perform queries efficiently, use and understand different data access technologies, understand the uses and limitations of each data type, understand XML datatypes and their schemas.
• Write stored procedures to meet a given set of requirements, manage branching logic, understand deterministic and non-deterministic functions.
• Understand statistics, read query plans, mark a transaction, evaluate the use of row-based operations vs. set-based operations, transaction management.
• Troubleshoots and optimizes (understand statistics, read query plans, mark a transaction, evaluate the use of row-based operations vs. set-based operations, transaction management).
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Requires a minimum of 8 years related experience in software project delivery in manufacturing environments
• Experience with VMWare environments, Networking, operating systems, and the design and configuration of Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk Analytics, ProductionCentre Application Suites (CPG Suite or PharmaSuite), PTC ThingWorx, Vuforia & Kepware.
• Experience with Software design methodologies
• Willing and able to travel and work at customer sites. Travel can vary on assignment from 0% to 100% but can average 30%
Valid Through: 2019-10-14