The IIoT Technical Engineer is responsible for development of software IIOT applications while working in a team based project. Through supporting assignments while in this role, determination of career path focus will be made between development and database.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge and experience of software development techniques and principles. Demonstrates ability to meet project budgets and scope.
- Demonstrates team player by meeting technical project deliverables and working with experienced resources for assigned project work scopes.
- Performs the technical work scope for projects, and provides accurate status reporting of same to technical leadership and project management.
- Responsible to enhance personal technical skills by working with experienced team members.
Development Technical Knowledge
- Understands core programming (computer storage, data types, error handling)
- Understands computer decision structures; Identify the appropriate method for handling repetition
- Understands object-oriented programming (fundamentals of classes, inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation)
- Understands application life cycle management, algorithms, and data structures
- Interprets application specifications
- Understands web services, console-based applications, and relational database management systems
- Understands database query methods and connection methods
- Executes functional test plans and unit testing
Database Technical Knowledge
- Understands core database concepts (how data is stored in tables, relational database concepts, data manipulation language [DML], data definition language [DDL])
- Understands what data types are, why they are important, and how they affect storage requirements
- Understands tables and how to create them (purpose of tables; create tables in a database by using proper ANSI SQL syntax)
- Creates stored procedures and functions
- Manipulates data (select, insert, update, and delete data)
- Understands data storage (normalization, the reasons for normalization, how to normalize a database, clustered, and non-clustered indexes)
- Understands the need to secure a database, what objects can be secured, what objects should be secured, user accounts, and roles
- Understands various backup types, such as full and incremental, importance of backups, how to restore a database
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience in software project delivery in manufacturing environments
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience with VMWare environments, Networking, operating systems is a plus