$80K — $100K *
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Become part of our team as a Propulsion Integration Engineer supporting the Integrated Fighter Group (IFG) Program at LM Aero in Fort Worth, Texas. The position will be working with a senior engineer and encompass all aspects of physical and functional integration of the propulsion system into the F-16 and F-22 aircraft. Primary role will be the support of existing aircraft in the fleet via Action Request (AR) and Tech Order (TO) review and response, and Technical Manual and Interface Control Document (ICD) updates. Additionally, the position will support of the restart of the F-16 Propulsion line for any propulsion related issues and questions. Finally, the position will support new customer interests, capabilities, and Requests for Proposals for the F-16 aircraft. Coordination with both the General Electric and Pratt & Whitney teams along with LM Product Support teams, F-16 Systems Program Office (SPO), USAF Engine SPO, Sub-contract Management teams is expected and required. Responsibilities also include the nacelle Fire and Overheat Protection System and Engine/Inlet Ice Detection System.
The selected candidate will have familiarity with jet engine design/operation/maintenance on a fighter aircraft. Prior experience with F-16 and/or F-22 aircraft is a plus.
Must be a US Citizen. Position may require Security Clearance to support some functions and programs.
A level 3 employee Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college with Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering Focus
• 3 years’ experience working with fighter aircraft
• Background in aircraft propulsion system design, operation, integration, and/or maintenance
• Good verbal and written communication skills required.
• 5 or more years’ experience working with fighter aircraft and Propulsion System
• Experience with Fire Protection and Ice Detection Systems
• Prior experience with F-16 and/or F-22 aircraft is a plus.
• Familiarity with using EDMS (Electronic Document Management System)
• Familiarity with EDFS (Electronic Documents and Forms System)
• Familiarity with AREA (Automated Request for Engineering Action)
• Familiarity with FIN (Field Information Network)
Valid through: 8/28/2020