The IAM Service Manager must be able to market and sell the Access Now service to multiple BU’s, across many experience levels. Applications can be located on Prem or SaaS and include business services as well as infrastructure.
The Service Manager will also work with multiple parts of Information Security helping define and evaluate and update policies, standards and solutions for enterprise and business use.
You will manage the development of process improvements, project proposals and provide significant input into strategic roadmaps and critical dashboards to provide management status to executive leadership.
This position will be located at our Palo Alto, California location.
Job Description: The Service Manager, Identity and Access Management will report to the Director, Identity and Access Management.
- Provide VMware specific customization guidance to the integration partner on factory on-boarding processes
- Advise on specific business unit requirements
- Build relationships with business application teams to manage application onboardingportfolio and schedule
- Provide content for VMware IAMsupport team training and process flows for applicationonboarding, to include
- Initiation, requirements gathering, implementation, success criteria, sustainability and support models
- Engage with business units as Service Manager, sell the benefits of Access Now, gather their business requirements and serve as a single point of contact for business unit representatives throughout their application onboarding lifecycle
- Complete application discovery tasks and document initial application onboarding connections (AD, API, Access Now, Disconnected)
- Gather business and technical requirements from application teams to align to most efficient factory onboarding team
- Serve as single point of contact for application teams and coordinate onboarding activities including alignment of deployment windows
- Drive continuous improvement of policies, procedures and technology related to Access Management to enable risk reduction, business enablement and operational efficiencies
- Establish trusted relationships with business leaders across the company to lead change management in Access Management practices
- Manage operational components of the Access Management process as required
- Assist driving IAM program reporting to all levels including Executive level readouts
- Interact with industry experts and stay abreast of best practices in the IAM field to maintain technical expertise and apply leading practices to VMware business challenges
- Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
Candidates must be experienced (at least 5 years) with all aspects of Service Management including knowledge of IAM solutions using the following technologies and concepts:
- Proven experience in Service Management
- Identity Management (automated provisioning, de-provisioning, certification, etc.)
- Knowledge of Saviynt
- Access Management (MFA, SSO, LDAP)
- Cloud Based Applications (Private, Public, Hybrid)
- Privileged Access Management
- Security Risk Management
- Strong Knowledge of Applications and how Identities are managed
- Detailed knowledge of IAM Services and the business processes used to support them
- Strong track record in developing, implementing and refining Identity and Access Management (IAM) processes
- Capable of working cooperatively across multiple teams working in a challenging, dynamic and global environment.
- Demonstrated success building relationships with partner groups and working with global teams
- Solid track record in contributing to IAM tool planning and management
- Experienced in meeting goals in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing needs
- Knowledge of regulatory controls e.g. PCI DSS, SOX, SSAE16
- Information Security Certifications such as CISM or CISSP
- Bachelor's Degree or related industry (or equivalent experience)
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of leading multi-functional teams
- Capable of solving complex problems
- Capable of defining strategic and tactical solutions, and knowing when each applies.