If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
IT at The Standard:
When you work at The Standard, you are part of a company that provides customers financial well-being and peace of mind. As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. It’s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At The Standard, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact.
The Standard is looking for an Identity Engineer experienced in driving innovation, automation and efficiency through dynamic engineering and architectural standards. Join The Standard engineering team that is architecting the hosting platforms for downtown Portland’s largest employer.
Demonstrated expertise with Identity Management Solutions including Microsoft ADFS, Cloudentity, Ping Federation, Ping Identity solutions and IBM Security and Identity Manager. Strong experience in engineering and implementing internal and external identity solutions with working knowledge of identity management tools and frameworks. Demonstrated expertise in contemporary security practices and applications.
The Identity Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, development, installation, modification and support of The Standards access management solutions as well as developing forward looking technologies that deliver value to the business user. This may result in investigation, evaluation and POC activities with clear objectives evaluating features and needs of the organization.
This position requires a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more of The Standards Identity Management Solutions. You must have strong collaboration skills to work with cross functional teams and stakeholders to ensure business requirements are translated into specific application or system solutions while ensuring compliance with The Standards Information Security policies and regulatory obligations.
- Serve as a project lead or project representative on a single phase, or on multiple phases of one or more projects.
- Evaluate proposed solution changes and approve as appropriate or recommend solution changes as business needs dictate; making appropriate recommendations.
- Provide leadership in the development of solution design specifications and deployment.
- Where applicable, leads the evaluation of vendor proposals.
- Creates both high level and detailed analyses, project plans, and other related documentation and procedures.
- Proactively identifies technical and procedural areas of concern and proposes pragmatic solutions.
- Significant Experience with identity platforms including Microsoft ADFS, Cloudentity, Ping Federation, Ping Identity solutions and IBM Security and Identity Manager
- Significant experience with Active Directory including upgrades, migrations and cloud integration.
- Significant experience with Certificate management.
- Provide leadership in Tier 3 troubleshooting.
- Experience with including Microsoft ADFS, Cloudentity, Ping Federation, Ping Identity solutions and IBM Security and Identity Manager a plus
- Significant experience with PowerShell
- Experience working within a DevOps or Agile development environment a plus
- Proven track record of bringing multiple initiatives to closure on time and with full performance.
- Ability to work with contractors, consultants and support teams as a virtual team that may be geographically separated.
- Demonstrated ability to take personal ownership of systems and or platforms and while working collaboratively within a team; initiative is a must.
- Experience as technical leader, with the ability to chart the technical course and energize team members to assist with project work.
- Ability to create and maintain clear and detailed operational documentation
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; ability to present technical issues to technical and semi-technical audiences.
- Experience resolving production problems when under tight time pressure.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of other technical groups and business users in order to achieve project goals and solve business problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of experience as an Identity Engineer.
- 10 years of experience in large enterprise technology environment supporting both internal and external identity and related technologies.
- 5 years of experience as an Identity architect or equivalent experience.