Identity & Access Management Consultant
8 - 10 years experience • Information Services
Identity & Access Management Consultant
Work From Home (Remote)
Full Time Direct Hire
Candidate can be anywhere US based as its 75% travel will be required to client site (Plano, TX) which will be fully funded by the client.
· Identity & Access Management Consultants are required to work on and lead major projects for customers. We are seeking an innovative and motivated Consultant who under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform the necessary tasks related to the development of enterprise security solutions to meet the customer's requirement.
· The Consultant will be required to work on multiple client accounts and must have the ability to develop and present secure solutions to leadership and technical teams.
In addition the Security Consultant will be required to lead and assess risks imposed by technical solutions and advise clients of security standards, best practices and solutions to address risk.
· Play a lead role in the delivery of advisory services for Security, maintaining quality and customer satisfaction. This is a mobile role, typically:
· Develops solutions and technically lead their implementation at customer locations.
· Works with team of Accounts to develop/maintain Security Solutions, either co-located with the account team or working remotely, dependent upon the requirements and working practices of the account.
· Working closely with Customer's Security Team to develop Security Solutions, either at customer location or remotely dependent upon the customer's requirements and preferred working practices.
· Provide assistance and support on security issues to sales and other team members as required to achieve overall benefits for the delivery of services to the customer and company as a whole. Share technical knowledge and experiences.
· Gain and maintain a working knowledge of the Security Products and Services.
· Promote the Security Products and Services with the customer, positioning best fit solutions that meet/enhance their Security Strategy and reduce risk.
· Gain and maintain a high level knowledge of the Security Aspects of the general Products/Service.
· Continually review and enhance existing knowledge of the security aspects of common product sets and technologies.
· To provide 'soft' consultancy skills and a proactive approach to gain the absolute trust of our customers.
· Support and encourage consultancy team personnel
· Participate in providing mentoring support and guidance to team members to help grow skills and capabilities.
· Expect up to or greater than 80% travel
· The scope of the Identity & Access Management (IAM) Practice within Security is to provide specialist advice and consultancy across the business and as part of Sales engagements with external and internal customers. IAM is a complex area requiring a mixture of managerial and technical skills. Individuals will have these skills in different proportions and at different levels according to their experience and the requirements of their specific role.
An Identity & Access Management Principal Consultant:
· Will lead Security IAM pre-sales, consultancy and service delivery engagements as directed by the IAM Practice Leader.
· Is capable of leading IAM projects from either a Management or Technical perspective whilst also capable of understanding and resolving IAM issues from the other perspective as well.
· Is able to articulate the business benefits of IAM to customers at all levels and be capable of helping them to identify the additional benefits that could be leveraged as part of a successful IAM programme.
· Is a collaborative person who can work with customers and partners, helping them to develop a long-term IAM strategy and realise the benefits of their IAM programme by achieving quick wins to maintain momentum.
· Has excellent familiarity with Security's IAM portfolio offerings and associated key partners. They always stay on message but are open to new ideas/products which can be discussed within HP as the basis for future innovations.
· Has strong IAM industry awareness including market leaders, emerging trends and key business drivers.
· Is able to visualise and define benefits of innovative new Security IAM services, working withSales and Service Delivery to turn the vision into reality.
· Is able to develop White Papers, Presentations and web-site content in support of Security's IAM proposition.
· Produces quality proposals from the outset and encourages colleagues to do the same.
· Documents feedback and lessons learned from customer engagements so that HP Enterprise Security colleagues can benefit from this knowledge and be alerted to potential new opportunities.
· Is an exemplar for knowledge sharing within the IAM community and keen to build bridges with like-minded colleagues within the wider organisation.
· Has the ability to act as an IAM mentor to junior colleagues and Associates.
· Treats customers, colleagues and partners with the utmost respect, helping to ensure customer satisfaction and enhance HP Enterprise Security's reputation.
· Is a mobileworker typically involved in pre-sales and service delivery visits to customer locations.
· IAM lifecycle / methodology
· Experience of architectural design and project led implementation of identity management solutions from a leading IAM vendor
· Familiarity with IAM products from additional vendors and their relative merits
· Contemporary base operating systems architectural knowledge for enterprise environments
· Directory architecture and associated issues in complex environments
· Major database environments
· Appreciation of the business drivers demanding an IAM solution
· Legislative demands and compliance requirements mitigated through IAM
· Understanding of the additional enabling features achieved from an effective IAM solution
· Experience of the supporting policy, procedures and practise required to deliver and maintain an effective operational IAM solution - at the customer or through a service
· Strategic application of IAM
· Ability to prepare IAM documents and presentations in such a way that they are easily understood by the appropriate audience
· Detailed product knowledge of the IAM suites of major vendors.
· CA Technologies.
· Product knowledge of other significant IAM vendors.
· Physical/Logical access control convergence.
· Multi-factor authentication techniques and products.
· Smart Cards.
· Hard/Soft Tokens.
· Emerging solutions.
· Knowledge of common technologies that will require an IAM interface.
· Microsoft, Unix/Linux O/S.
· Oracle, SAPHR.
· Web Servers.
· Cross platform scripting skills.
· Professional Accreditations (CISSP, CISM, CITP, M.Inst.ISP).
· Appreciation of national and relevant international legislation relating to Identity and Privacy.
· High-level understanding of legislation driving IAM deployments, e.g. SOX, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, Basel II, Solvency II.