ICON Venue Group: Sr. Vice President of Business Operations
- Assist the CEO and President in furthering the mission and strategic goals of ICON by managing all Operations functions.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development, execution, and monitoring of policies, procedures, and initiatives that align with ICON’s goals and strategy.
- Direct and oversee day-to-day activities of key Operating functions; Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Travel and Administration.
- Oversee the creation and streamlining of regular financialforecasting, analysis and planning reports to ensure the effectiveness of internal control over financialreporting.
- Work cross-functionally to oversee relocation activities by implementing and supporting a process around national and international moves.
- Implement processes and logistics around ICON bases of operations; support current offices and lead the set up new ones, leveraging parent company as appropriate.
- Provide direction and support for Operations leaders to encourage maximum organizational performance and dedication.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of Operations services to project staff and sites.
- Direct all administrative functions of the Operations team in accordance with appropriate industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are measured and monitored and provide overall direction to ensure quality, time, service and productivity goals are met.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Participate as a member of the Leadership Team in planning, policy development and support related to Operations functions.
- Evaluate team performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Integrate best practices from parent company and act as a liaison where appropriate.
This position directly manages the VP of Finance, the Director of Human Resources and the Travel and Office Manager and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of these employees.
Job Location and Hours:
- This is a full-time, exempt position based in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work on occasion.
Infrequent, but some out-of-state travel is expected in order to understand the business and support our multiple project sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience leading corporate Operations including Human Resources, Finance and Accounting, Legal Insurance programs, Travel and Administration.
- Experience supervising leaders at the Vice President level.
- Experience implementing process improvement tools in a culturally aligned manner.
- Excellent proven business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite).
- Highly effective communication skills and ability to disseminate information efficiently at all levels.
- Able to prioritize assignments, problem solve and master new concepts in a short period of time.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently when necessary but as a team always.
- Professional demeanor with ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Successful in interacting in an effective and appropriate manner with employees at all levels of the organization as well as clients.
- Nimble, removes barriers and is flexible with the business needs.
- Ability to navigate in a matrix organization.
- Strong commitment to affirmative action and equal opportunity.
- Prior experience working with a project management firm in the sports, entertainment and public assembly industry a plus.
- Prior experience in the construction or a related services industry a plus.