This position is responsible for using IBMi related System Administrator skills to provide services to our Cloud customers. Will work in a team environment and be responsible for administration of IBMi systems that are comprised of a large number of LPARS across data centers in multiple physical locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The statements below describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job; additional responsibilities may be assigned as required by Management.
- Performs IBMi System administration for our Cloud customers systems.
- Responsible for maintaining high system uptime.
- Sets up and provides proactive system monitoring for event management and resolution or notification, using Halcyon system monitoring software.
- Diagnose and manage problems; perform root cause analysis.
- Provide customer support via phone, email and ticketing system.
- All duties are performed in direct support of Cloud customers, so excellent customer service phone skills are necessary.
- Applicant must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed.
- On-call schedule with other system administrators to provide after-hours support.
- Adherence to a strict change control policy.
- Responsible for other special projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years in IBMi System Administration. Not inclusive of programming experience
- IBMi (AS/400; iSeries) operating system expertise (V7.1 - V7.3)
- LPAR/HMC/multiple machines experience required.
- PTFs / patch updates (including HMC and FSP).
- Knowledge of basic CL programming (Ability to write RPG a plus).
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to install or perform OS upgrades
- Knowledge of IBM's BRMS and tape operations is desired.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot object level security.
- Experience with subsystem and job management.
- Experience with supporting applications running on the IBMi.
- Familiarity with system monitoring software such as Halycon is preferred.
- Proficiency with IBM ACS, and IBMi Access and System i Navigator including SSL configuration.
- Ability to document, communicate, and adhere to policies and standards for systems as deemed necessary.
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN.
- TCP/IP configuration, troubleshooting and implementation.
- Journal maintenance experience is a must.
- Interact professionally with internal and external contacts with various levels of technical expertise to obtain, analyze, and discuss business processes and solutions.
- Must plan, organize, prioritize, schedule, coordinate, and manage projects and adjust to changing priorities.
- Experience using Microsoft Office for daily administrative tasks.
- Ability to adapt and self-educate on new technologies to provide assistance and/or recommendations regarding its usage.
- Familiarity with configuration of new LPAR
- Experience with Halcyon software a plus.
- Ability to obtain Current IBMi System Administrator Certification.
- Customer support experience.