IBM Z Capacity Planning Manager
Will manage the team responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, capacity planning and forecasting for mainframe servers. Deal with the most difficult or complex systems and generates new design ideas. Interface with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals. Liaison with vendors and consultants and Technology Managers. Responsible for staffing, performance management and compensation decision making. Ensure proper training and staffing on an on-going and project basis.
- At least 7 years mainframe systems experience with at least 2 years managerial background in the description of duties.
- IT degree and/or technology certifications preferred (or substantial equivalent experience).
- Experience managing a mainframe capacity planning team.
- Have extensive knowledge of IBM Z server hardware and in-depth working knowledge of RMF and SMF data. Must be proficient with RMF, MICS, SAS, MXG and Omegamon.
- Background with simulation or analytical modeling, plus have a good understanding of queuing theory and possess zPCR experience.
- Basic subsystem knowledge of CICS, IMS and DB2 would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of Defined Capacity. Must be able to communicate and lead effectively.
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting.
Location: Dallas, TX (relocation assistance offered)
Salary: $125-150K + bonus