IBM Talend / DataStage ETL Developer
5 - 7 years experience • Software
Title: IBM Talend/DataStage ETL Developer
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Interview Mode: Telephonic + Skype + F2F
Job Description :
The position is for a senior technical contributor who has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming. This position is responsible for design and development for Talend/IBM DataStage and devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems that require the consideration of operating systems capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Provides technical contribution in the development of detailed specifications from which programs will be written and performs program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. This position will be required to frequently interact with other development personnel and would often have the responsibility for quality assurance review and evaluation of new or existing code set.
- Design processes to extract, transform and load the source data to the target data warehouse and ad hoc process
- Develop Standard and Big data jobs in talend.
- Expertise in AWS environment
- Develop complex sequential and parallel Data Stage 11.3 jobs.
- Perform unit and system testing on the ETL processes and resulting data warehouse /ad hoc tables
- Create test cases and test the data.
- Assist with capacity planning and performance tuning activities.
- Mentor others on the team with product functionality and provide guidelines and solutions on performance tuning techniques and industry best practices.
- Understanding the existing ETL environment, translating into new environment requirements and planning tasks to meet those requirements.
- Expert in Talend Standard and Bigdata development with 3 plus years of experiance
- Expert in IBM DataStage Development -- Enterprise 11 and higher with 5-7years of experience
- Must have knowledge of redshift and other cloud database development and tuning
- Strong s3 knowledge.
- Strong Unix /FTP scripting knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems, computer science, or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
- Strong understanding of Oracle11g and the ability to perform data analysis, troubleshoot data integrity issues and trend data analysis.
- Excellent technical, logical, analytical and problem-solving skills to provide insight on development and application support.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of DataWarehouse appliances, BI reporting tools such as MicroStrategy is a plus.
- Experience in the media industry is a plus.