Position: IBM PRODUCT SPECIALIST (52983)
Address: ATLANTA, GA
Customer: Georgia Tech
Interview Type: In-person Interview Preferred
Only US Citizen Profiles...
We are looking for an energetic, customer service oriented and technically talented and experienced IBM Product Administrator (Datastage and/or Cognos 11) to help support mission critical infrastructure in a dynamic and fast-paced production environment. A self-starter who is proactive and self-motivated to achieve operational excellence. Technically versatile, has the aptitude to increase technical breadth and the attitude and personality to help grow/maintain a World Class organization.
- Automating operational processes using scriptinglanguages such as Shell/Ruby/Python/Puppet tools.
- Performing daily activities, such as managing users access, monitoring schedules, and monitoring overall system
- Working withdevelopers, IBM support, database administrators, and other IT operations resources to troubleshoot issues and ensure the system is working properly
- Managing servers i.e. Design, develop, test, patch and maintain infrastructure as necessary
- Researching, assessing, and implementing best practices
- Analyzing server/system logs on a daily basis to identify and proactively resolve issues
- Act as the technical expert for support and enhancement issues
- Knowledge of Cognos, Infosphere or Websphere architecture design and implementation.
- Setup new database connections and security procedures
- Perform capacity planning
- Works with Client Management/Other Team Lead to provide timely, appropriate level of communication with respect to the work assigned.
- Provides technical and functional expertise on development projects.
- Strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
- Linux (RHEL 7 with SELinux a plus)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS degree and/or 5-7years of experience
2+ years of experience with Infosphere Datastage and/or Cognos BI 10/11
Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Implementing application migrations to cloud providers
- Identify and recommend applications for implementation or migration to cloud services
- Experience in managing AWS cloud services like EC2/S3/RDS etc is a huge plus.
- Comfortable in Multi-OS environment a plus (Linux and Windows Server)