IBM i Systems Administrator
Jack Henry & Associates has an exciting opportunity for an IBM i Systems Administrator to join our team! The IBM i Administrator will apply their solid understanding of IBM i, Power Systems hardware and virtualization administration to manage multiple partitions and projects. This small team of 7 administrators are responsible for managing multiple IBM i and AIX partitions that are used by the entire JHA organization. The Administrators participate in an on-call rotation as well as needed maintenance schedules.
As a member of the JHA organization you will enjoy a company culture that encourages personal and professional growth, a competitive benefit package, and a relaxed and casual work environment.
The IBM i Administrator can work with the team in Monett, MO or Springfield Offices.
- 3+ years’ experience managing IBM i in a multi-partition environment (OS Upgrades, PTFs Support, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience managing HMC and POWER Systems hardware preferred
- 2+ years’ experience administering BRMS in a multi-partition environment
- Experience administering MIMIX for DR recoverability
- AIX and VIOS administration skills
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Monitors systems for optimum performance and availability.
- Installs, configures and maintains systems, such as LAN, WAN, Internet and/or data networks.
- Implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Troubleshoots and resolves customer and internally-reported system problems.
- Implements and monitors corporate security policies.
- Documents and implements system procedures, policies and events.
- Participates in on-call 24x7 support rotation.
- Performs essential functions required for effective system backup and restore testing.
- Performs periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- May manage data access and data permissions.
- Assists in managing user accounts.
- May assist support groups with applications installed on servers.