Training and Experience: Qualified as Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level 2 (Security+ CE) in accordance with DoD Directive 8570.01. Information Assurance experience and be familiar with DIACAP Certification and Accreditation process. Must have Windows Operating Systems experience.
General Skills: Possess personal computer hardware/software maintenance and Help Desk experience. Must possess good oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Windows Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows 10.
Security Clearance: Must have a current security clearance of "Secret" or above.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance on training delivery system, development system, electronic classroom (ECR), and learning resource center (LRC) hardware.
- Operate, monitor usage, maintain, and properly dispose of and replace training delivery system hardware.
- Troubleshoot delivery system performance issues.
- Procure, install, and integrate delivery system upgrades.
- Recommend upgrades to delivery system software applications.
- Recommend software upgrades for production of training content changes.
- Maintain the learning management system and training management system.
- Recommend software and hardware capabilities to increase training device efficiency and effectiveness.
- Present training to managers, administrators, staff, instructors, and students on how to use the learning, training, or content management system.
- Resolve computer, printer, and networking issues.
- Track and report Software end of life dates and report monthly.
- Install and integrate software updates/upgrades/replacements for O/S, Server O/S, production software, LMS, Databases, and all other installed or required software into the current or refreshed LRC, ECR, and Network/Server/CPU Hardware as directed.
- Assist in ensuring courseware is compatible with and deliverable electronically after all installations of updates/upgrades/replacement software or refreshed LRC, ECR, and Network/Server/CPU Hardware.
- Conduct ECR/LRC/Network technical refreshes/upgrades as directed in accordance with local policies.
- Perform custodian duties for all IT equipment and training delivery system equipment to achieve effective parts standardization, parts and inventory management, and obsolescence management.
- Assist in duplication and distribution of media such as CD-ROM, DVD, etc.
- Ensure proper security procedures are followed when working with classified material.
- Assist with metric collection and provide inputs to required reports.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.