Overview of Position
The IAM Technical Project Manager will primarily be internally focused on coordinating and reporting on IAM technical projects. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. May participate in the development of funding proposals. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affects the IAM organization. Facilitates project team information and workflow. Identifies barriers and helps remove them to timely and cost-effective project completion. Typically shares schedule, milestones, risk log, and cost/benefit impacts with technology executives and managers. Coordinates and tracks technology project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure timely project outcomes.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Ability to manage large, complex project simultaneously (either IT infrastructure, application development, business process and/or data center migration projects) through cross-functional teams (> 20 team members) working within a software development environment or hardware implementation cycle
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects with diverse working groups with an eye toward project dependencies.
- Experience with compute network, storage, databases and virtual infrastructure
- Working knowledge of the components of the software release process, including issues of development, documentation, packaging and quality assurance
- Proficient in MS Office Tools: MS Project, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Power Point, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment (someone who is calm, cool and collected in high stress environments)
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 8+ years managing large, complex programs with multiple project teams, adhering to standards
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- PMP certification strongly preferred
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Working knowledge of PMI (Project Management Institute) best practices
- Strong problem solver and can ask good questions
- Experience with ITIL a plus
- Experience with Agile a plus
- Experience with Risk Identification and Risk Mitigation
- Experience with mature process organizations (e.g. CMMI/SEI) a plus
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Security and/or Identity Management experience a plus.