Connection Enterprise Solutions is a profitable $2B+ company focusing on providing technology solutions for the Fortune 2000, located in Boca Raton, Florida. Connection Enterprise Solutions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Connection (CNXN), a $2.5 Billion+ publicly traded company located in Merrimack, NH.
Connection Enterprise Solutions offers a wide range of technology services withover 500 technical certifications and a qualified team of expert engineers, software licensing specialists and project managers to offer best-in-class solutions to our customers. We deliver end-to-end solutions across the entire IT lifecycle--from assessment, design, procurement, and installation to management and asset disposition. Focused on solving the complex business challenges of enterprise customers, Connection Enterprise Solutions is a one-stop source for a full range of IT products and services, including data center, networking, mobility, and software solutions. Offering over million products from 1,600 technology vendors, Connection Enterprise Solutions' proprietary cloud based e-procurement system, TRAXX, creates a streamlined, efficient approach to IT procurement that reduces the cost and complexity of buying hardware, software and services. By leveraging our strategic relationships with leading IT manufacturers and software publishers, Connection Enterprise Solutions is able to provide the best pricing and preferredproduct availability.
The IAM Sales Manager will develop, drive & deliver business results for the IAM team and the Enterprise Account Executives (EAE) they support. The IAM Sales Manager will work with the IAM Sales Director and lead the IAM team to excel in their 3 core tasks:
- Account Development & Execution (build and grow relationships, front end the daily sales processes/activities, maximize customer satisfaction).
- Proactively uncover and close net new sales opportunities with targeted client set (upsell, cross sell, net new categories) -- in conjunction with the EAE sales plan for each account. These sales efforts will be tailored tomaximize the opportunity with each account in both the velocity and the value solution space.
- Present price points that maximize the margin that Connection Enterprise Solutions receives from working with our clients and partners (Deal registration execution, target/net new customer special pricing, proactive smart sourcing, bid desk engagement, etc.).
The IAM Sales Manager will be focused on the following core areas of focus:
Leadership: Communicate initiatives and strategies in a positive manner; build trust with team; motivate and build morale; develop relationships with internal and external resources; and serve as first line of support to IAMs for logistics, customer issues, pricing inquiries, system and procedural questions, advice, and issue escalation.
Inside Account Manager Development: Understand individual development needs of each member of the Sales team; proactively coach the IAM team, catering tospecific needs; help IAMs with career growth; provide recognition for goal attainment, progress, activities, and skill development; keep the IAM team informed of progress toward goals; observe & review IAM performance through remote monitoring, direct monitoring and joint customer calls; develop skills of each IAM; Inspect the IAM team to ensure the proactive daily sales activities are being achieved and recorded in salesforce and hold IAMs accountable to expectations.
Business Management and Development: Conduct regular business reviews witheach IAM to produce business results (100% of goal attainment) through pipeline/deal management, customer involvement, sound decision-making, and profitability management; and engage resources when needed. Development of the IAM team to ensure an effective and productive account strategy has been established.
Team Management: Ensure role purity within the sales team and that primary daily task alignment exists to drive IAM/ISSR efficiency. Inspect to ensure adoption and implementation of quarterly campaigns & account strategy initiatives to drive improved margins, increased deal registrations and new line of business acquisition.
The IAM Sales Manager will require extensive interaction with Manufacturers, Distribution Partners, MD EAEs, MD Sales Support teams and the MD HQ Operational Support teams. As a leader of the IAM team, there must be a highdegree of understanding and experience with distribution channel methodologies, manufacturer registration and pricing programs, the needs of an enterprise client and a strong knowledge of leading industry trends & technical concepts.
The IAM Sales Manager will also work closely with the ISSR Sales Manager and the sales operations teams to maximize all opportunities to improve the efficiencies of Connection Enterprise Solutions sales operational processes (including effective team communications, aggressively driving customer self-service opportunities, etc.). The IAM team is expected to proactively support/drive those key initiatives as a partof their sales leadership and account management role. The IAM Sales Manager needs to be results oriented, self-driven and motivated. Organization, time and multi-task management skills are essential. A commitment to customer service, attention to detail and responsiveness are critical areas of focus for this position. Must be familiar and be able to proficiently use PC technology & MS Office. Previous reseller experience in a similar role that provided high value, high volume client support is a requirement.
Requires proficiency in the following process/policy subjects:
- Pre Sales policy/support (How to key all types of orders; Account Specific Pricing; Adds, changes, deletions to catalog mailings; B2B customer assistance; Bid desk policy and process; Contracts and proposals; Cost adjustments; Credit issues; Emergency drop ships; Freight policy; Freight quotes (i.e. on large orders); Held orders; Leasing policy and process; Marketing leads; Negotiation (first line of support); Tax; Order fulfillment; Pre-sale return questions -- second line of support; Product ETA; Product evaluation of non-MD owned product; Standard drop ship via EDI; and Vendor rebates process and policy)
- System how-to (Traxx)
- Post order policy and process (Commissions; account reconciliation -- first line of support; vendor rebate policy, process and escalation)
- Pre-sales product and service solutions (sourcing new products -- first line of support)
Essential Job Functions
- High volume and the excellent quality of work produced are a key measure of job performance.
- Must possess excellent organization, time and multi-task management skills
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with enterprise clients and Connection Enterprise Solutions' internal support teams
- Must possess a high level of commitment towards customer services and responsiveness
- Must establish, build and maintain strategic relationships with clients, manufacturer sales teams and distribution partners.
- Prepare, Analyze and Present client activity reports
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Additional duties as assigned.
- IAM Development. Observe IAM performance through monitoring and observation. Identify coaching opportunities and development needs. Help IAM to improve performance through one-on-one proactive meetings, trainings, and responsive coaching sessions.
- Business planning: Create quarterly and monthly strategies for producing business results through forecasting and business analysis. Conduct monthly business reviews. Prepare for business reviews, analyze reports, and regularly meet with each IAM individually to identify goals and create action plans for attaining those goals. Inspect progress toward action plans throughout month.
- Effectively and efficiently resolve customer and business issues.
- Attending sales meetings and training sessions.
- Performs all other duties as directed or assigned.
- As stated below, must maintain a functional and working knowledge of all IAM job tasks.
Summary of IAM Job Tasks:
- Complex Solution Proposals requiring technical configuration support
- Velocity Proposal Management
- Inspection and Review of all velocity proposals >$25K to ensure pricing accuracy
- Customer quote & opportunity follow up
- Salesforce activity management to ensure all qualifying projects are recorded and updated
- Work towards maintaining a 4 hour customer response
- Work with Inside Sales Support to ensure all orders are being processed accurately & timely to meet the customer's shipment service level expectations
- Order Escalation and over flow assistance for order entry & pricing verification review
- Open Order Management process support for complex orders
- Provide RMA escalation assistance to Inside Sales Support team
- Responsible for the daily team communication with our customers, manufacturer partners & suppliers
- Work with EAE to define and maintain a pricing strategy that leverages the areas below to ensure a competitive discount is extended to our customers while maximizing margins.
- Smart Sourcing Initiatives
- Contractual Limitations
- Utilize Partner Programs to manage customer bids and deal registration submissions
- Work with Inside Sales Support Team to create, maintain and manage customer standards and catalogues.
- Self-service customer trainings and portal demonstrations(quote/order management, product search, reporting & RMA capabilities)
- Responsible for identifying net new opportunities by leveraging the following areas
- Proactive QBR & Unsolicited Proposal Support
- Monthly Spend Analysis & Standards Management Review
- Customer whitespace analysis and strategy implementation to target new lines of business & cross sell / up sell activity
- Key partner inside/outside sales team relationships
- Accountable for overall daily team management, customer satisfaction and the relationship management with our customers and partners.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Candidate must be able to travel
- Candidate must be able to work from home office
- Candidate must be able to work with a relatively high pressure sales environment.
- Performs all other duties as directed or assigned.
- Demonstrated sales leadership skills.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence others to continually achieve their best
- Results driven, self-motivated sales professional with a strong business acumen and 3+ years of sales leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience successfully selling and supporting IT hardware, software and professional services directly to large enterprise accounts.
- Have prior, recent and relevant experience selling IT products at competitor VAR or direct marketer
- Knowledgeable on major strategic OEM product lines with understanding of current technologies
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Able to present, demonstrate, communicate and sell effectively to mid and senior level management
- Able to think strategically and leverage resources.
- Strong working knowledge of salesforce, Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Exercise good judgment and utilize creative problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- BA / BS degree