The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Process and Technology Integration team in IT Information Security is searching for a talented and high performing senior Computing Architects. We are looking for big picture thinkers with experience designing and integrating enterprise-level identification, authentication, authorization, federation, and security monitoring solutions. This position will drive the integration of these security solutions with each other and with Boeing’s IT systems and services.
Representative major tasks include:
- Designs integrated, usable, forward-looking security solutions.
- Establishes design constraints and ensures architecture conforms to requirements.
- Incorporates architecture functions into software development lifecycle.
- Develops and maintains architecture views and models.
- Evaluates feasibility of architecture solutions and alternatives.
- Evaluates products to assess suitability for integration into delivery system environments.
- Drafts data and information management products and service standards.
- Assesses impact of architectural decisions to product lifecycle.
- Develops architecture and data/information management standards and strategies.
- Develops breadth and depth of securityarchitecture knowledge and practice.
- Ensures alignment to security policy and standards through proactive governance and metrics.
- Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive. Inspires and influences others to do the same.
- Identifies opportunities and take action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Understands the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the organization, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
- Models and analyzes data from a computing technical and total IT viewpoint, and integrates into an overall computing system and networkarchitecture.
- Interprets business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Collects, organizes, synthesizes, and analyzes data; summarizes findings; develops conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
CIO, Information & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Ability to perform technical evaluation and analysis of computing systems and infrastructure to identify underlying security vulnerabilities; communicate vulnerabilities, threats, resulting risk and recommended remediation to system owners. Ability to safeguard sensitive information.
- At least seven (7) years of experience designing and integrating complex systems.
- At least five (5) years of experience in at least two (2) of the following cybersecurity domains: authentication, authorization, identification, federation, or securityevent monitoring.
- Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes; uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implements solutions, and measures impact.
- Experience with the following system security domains (e.g., information assurance, anti-tamper, intrusion detection, software protection, software assurance, communications security, encryption and key management, networksecurity, reverse engineering, countermeasures, certification and accreditation, special security endorsement) and industry and government guidance and regulations which engineers apply to produce secure systems.
- Holds a security certification such as CISSP or Security+
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.