As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Schwab Cybersecurity Services (SCS), Office of CISO, we provide platforms, services, and security operations capabilities which enable the firm to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes securely and safely. Securing our IT assets, data, and access to applications is the core of who we are and what we do. We ensure only the appropriate entities have access to IT resources and that we adhere to best practices and standards to ensure a safe and compliant environment is maintained.
Identity and Access Management has an opening for a Staff Engineer, Identity and Access Management, to deliver and manage large, complex Identity and Access Management programs in the areas of Provisioning/De-provisioning, Directory, Highly Privileged Accounts, Access Governance, Single Sign On, Analytics, API Management and certifications. The individual will ensure adherence to policy and provide leadership to the implementation of leading-edge technology to position the organization for success – improving efficiency, increasing security posture, and supporting growth of the firm’s Identity and Access Management (IAM) Program.
What you’ll do:
- Work as an Automation and Production support engineer for IAM team.
- Work closely with IAM Engineering to deliver the proposed solutions and provide strategic technical direction across the team
- The individual will analyze complex business and systems requirements and provide technical solutions to meet user requirements.
- Develop, support and maintain automations
- Work closely with peer groups to achieve organizational objectives
- Perform Entitlement, Role, and Groups analysis, building various reports.
- Review polices standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Work as Role Engineer / Business Analyst for the IAM team to build, execute role engineering task, build requirements document, process design, and functional design document.
- Work as certification / attestation engineer, execute certification process.
- Build the technical as-is and to-be process documents.
- Work with SOX/PCI audit group, supportaudit activities.
- Investigate user access through an understanding of permissioning of AD objects and GPOs.
- Overall accountability for technical document delivery, technical support and hands on technical work
- Oversee adherence to applicable Security Controls, Policies and Standards; partner with business owners and technology groups to synchronize plans to remediate gaps
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field plus CISSP, CISM, or equivalent certification is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Security field, Information Technology field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in Perl Scripts, Java, Powershell or any other programing language
- Experience working in a large multiplatform environment preferred
- Experience with SQL for database functions.
- Experience of handling Data Quality investigations and updates.
- Ability to troubleshoot Access Rights for Active Directory service objects (i.e. specifically Security Groups and GPOs).
- Direct experienceworking within Oracle Identity OR Access Management technology preferred
- Direct experienceworking within Role Analytics, Data Analytics tools
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, both oral and written is required
- Experience in gathering requirements, documenting and assessing information for implementing information security policies and standards is required
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong initiative; self-starter; self-directed; ability to multi-task
- Experience in project planning, meeting facilitation for multiple groups and projects is preferred
- Experience working withProject Manager, Agile methodologies and handling multiple top priorities task
- Strong MS-Office skills (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint) with an emphasis on document formatting and presentation techniques.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision
Talent Magnet: Seeks out and attracts strong internal and external talent
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
Challenger: Takes risks when the opportunity warrants it and the potential downside is understood; is no disheartened by failure but uses it as an opportunity to learn
Emotionally Mature: Demonstrates strong self-awareness and ability to adjust to the emotion & drive of others; embraces others’ perspectives and recognizes limits of own point of view
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life