The I&C Product Development group focuses on the modernization of critical plant systems to support improved reliability, safety, and extended plant life. The group designs and manufactures I&C solutions, replacement parts, upgrade components, software development, and general I&C engineering. Our safety and non-safety related commercial and government nuclear products are varied and involve projects that include board level design all the way up to system level integration. Job Description: AREVA is seeking an I&C Software Engineer for our Instrumentation & Control Products organization. Responsibilities and duties include:
- Work in a team-based environment and design, implement, and test software for digital control systems for nuclear power plants.
- Assist clients in defining system requirements, developing system logic and defining control parameters to satisfy requirements.
- Perform system integration of hardware and software platforms, as well as prepare documentation such as requirements, test procedures, and instruction manuals.
- Assist during installation and startup of delivered I&C systems.
- Evaluating design alternatives and resolving complex field problems.
- A less experienced candidate will support more experienced engineers, while an experienced candidate will be expected to lead at least some aspects of a project, including project estimating.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science (Computer Science majors must have a strong technical background including physics courses, math courses including multiple semesters of calculus, and coursework or an interest in circuits/electronics) plus 0-2 years of related engineeringexperience.
- Programming experience with modern object oriented programming environments such as Visual Studio and the .net environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills necessary
- Works well in a team based development environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to deploy to plant sites during installation and start-up, typically 3 - 10 days every 6 months, although longer durations may be required at times.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- Software Testing, Software V&V
- Preparing/Reviewing Software or System Requirements Specification
- Networking configuration and troubleshooting
- PLC, HMI, LabView programming
- Data interfacing and database tools (SQL, OPC, Modbus, etc.)
- Embedded system design and programming
- Use of common electronics test instrumentation including meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Electrical/I&C equipment troubleshooting in power plant/large industrial environment
Seasonal (5-10%) domestic travel. AREVA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexualorientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
NORTH AMERICA-United States-Virginia-Lynchburg - OFR
Number of Openings