This position is responsible for guiding our organizations HR strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, and establishing human resources objectives in line with our organizational objectives and needs based on current issues and future goals.
Specifically, while this role will have a key focus on recruitment, this position is an HR generalist role, overseeing and directing all recruiting, employee relations, and benefits administration. In addition, the director is responsible for implementing and administering federal and state employment regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
This position reports to the CEO and COO.
- Strategically partner with agency leadership to ensure human resources practices and programs support the business's goals and objectives.
- Provide recruiting and hiring support by developing recruitment plans and implementing activities such as internal communication, ad placements, and reviewing resumes. Build and maintain a pipeline of candidates based on short and long-term needs assessments.
- Build programs and execute tactics that support employee on-boarding, development and retention
- Ensure accurate employee files.
- Administration of company and employee benefits and services to include health care programs, 401K, insurances, and leave management.
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations’ issues.
- Introduce, lead and influence change management initiatives with management staff in order to address issues that will enhance overall performance.
- Guides management and employee actions by developing, managing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines, communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related field from an accredited university is required.
- Professional of Human Resources Certification (PHR) is required.
- Ten (10)+years experience of strategic Human Resource leadership experience with relevant experience supporting mid-to-large size digital or integrated marketing agencies.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Demonstrated success in all Human Resources functional areas within a fast-paced, technically focused environment is essential. Must be hands-on and capable of producing work with limited support staff.
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate strategic thinking, innovation, and flexibility in dealing with changing situations.
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative, environment.
- Proven track record of excellent leadership skills including; superb communication, delivery of results, consultative skills, partnership skills and team building.