Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Development of hypersonic guidance algorithm architectures and requirements
- Implementation of advanced guidance algorithms to maximize performance of hypersonic systems
- Coding of algorithms in higher order computer languages
- Creation of simulation models and embedded software
- Analysis of hypersonic air vehicle performance both in simulation and flight test
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. from an ABET accredited institution in one of the following: Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Eight (8) years of professional experience in hypersonic missile guidance design and analysis, including architecture design and trade studies, requirements development, algorithm design and implementation, and performance analysis
- Demonstrated experience taking a hypersonic missile guidance design from concept to flight test
- Six (6) years of experience developing or modifying code in higher level languages like FORTRAN, Ada, C++, and MATLAB.
- Familiarity with embedded software development and hardware/software integration
- Must have an existing or the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Top Secret Security clearance.
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
- MS or PhD in aforementioned disciplines
- Research and/or applied experience in advanced guidance algorithm design techniques such as Integrated Guidance and Control
- Experience assessing GNC system integration risks through test data analysis
- Knowledge of system engineering design methods including requirements analysis and flow down, specification derivation and interface control documentation
- Performance analysis by simulation including verification and validation techniques
- Optimal guidance theory, trajectory shaping, estimation theory, analysis of random processes, non-linear Kalman filters, particle filters
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Experience leading a GNC focused development team
Requisition ID 114976BR