The Hyperion Administrator will serve as the primary point of contact for the Hyperion Financial Report Studio and Hyperion SmartView Reporting applications. They will support the FP&A team running the Quarterly Forecast processes in Essbase. They will support the Accounting team running the month end close and consolidation process in Hyperion Financial Manager and Account Reconciliation Cloud Service, and run interfaces using FDMEE (Finance Data Quality Management Enterprise Edition) from Oracle EBS and various other external data systems.
In addition to the daily administrative duties associated with this role, this position is also responsible for identifying enhancement opportunities to the Hyperion Reporting Environment and proactively taking the steps necessary to see them through to Production.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities
- Support the Accounting and FP&A teams during the monthly Close process
- Support the day to day data load and calculation activities.
- Troubleshoot Hyperion application issues with Finance customers and coordinate issue resolution with Finance Process Leaders, Database Administrators and Infrastructure Team using documented procedures.
- Ensure business-as-usual operation of the Production environment daily, escalating issues to management and Service desk when necessary.
- Maintain Dev and Test environments aligned with the Production environment.
- Create and run MaxL scripts as needed to move data within the Essbase Environment.
- Hyperion User Administration
- Able to gain knowledge of the EPM architecture, processes, environment (application setup) and tools required to effectively perform support activities
- Able to anticipate and proactively handle issues
- Able to work without close supervision, keeping focused on short and long-term support objectives
- Able to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, IT teams, departments and levels
- A strong sense of ownership for the process(es) and technology implemented.
- Subject matter expertise and attention to detail.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting, IT or related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with Hyperion Financial Management and Essbase.
- Extensive working knowledge of Hyperion products including Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDMEE), Hyperion Data Relationship Management (DRM), Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Smart View, Hyperion Account Reconciliation Cloud Service, Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Service.
- OneStream experience preferred
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Oracle EBS.
- Experience with meta-data management
- Experience with monthly and year-end financial close management, budgeting, planning and forecasting
- Experience with documenting design specifications and other related documents
- Experience with ETL and data transformation tools.
- Experience understanding, designing and managing master data hierarchies and members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including data reconciliations.
- Knowledge of the financial budgeting and forecasting processes, including allocations and driver-based calculations.
- Knowledge of financial consolidations and the ability to create both financial statements and management reporting for public and private companies.
- Knowledge of accounting standards.