• Under general supervision, the individual competently performs all conventional aspects of design engineering and analysis.
• Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• May provide technical guidance to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers
• Tasks will be accomplished under the supervision of senior engineer/task lead.
• Assists with planning and design of hydrologic and hydraulics for a variety of projects including highway improvement projects, state route landscaping projects, field services during construction, regional watershed projects, storm water conveyance projects, hydraulic modeling and a variety of other related services.
• Performs engineering activities for hydraulic and hydrologic models, drainage systems, evaluating alternatives, and performing preliminary/detailed design.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:Basic Qualifications:
• 6-12 years’ experience in the design of hydrologic and hydraulics.
• Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering Discipline
• Professional Engineering (PE) License
• Experience performing hydrology and hydraulics analysis and design
• Experience with WSPG, AES, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS or other hydrologic and hydraulic software
• Experience in AutoCAD and Microstation
• Knowledge of Southern California hydrology, hydraulic and drainage design criteria
• Experience with Caltrans drainage design
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills