The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Manage a team of hydraulic technicians to deliver parts and assemblies incredibly quickly with an exceptional level of quality and reliability.
- Actively assist in the manufacture, build, proof, and performance testing of both soft and hard lines, manifolds, hydraulic cylinders, motors, and associated hardware.
- Assist in line routing, fitting selection, and overall component placement to aid build/serviceability.
- Take part in recruiting processes in order to grow the department with the company's needs.
- Create and manage process improvements to increase the speed of production and raise the quality of the product.
- Collaborate with design/engineering team members to identify opportunities to improve.
- Take part in commissioning of systems and certifying them for end-use readiness.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- 2+ years in a Hydraulics Lead or Manager role.
- Working knowledge of appropriate safety protocols and proof-testing procedures.
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics and identify common symbols.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with various technician and engineering disciplines.
- Willing to travel to job sites as required to commission & develop new designs, as well as troubleshoot and problem solve existing designs.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
- Acute attention to detail.