This position is a hybrid role. The candidate would be expected to come into the office one day per week.
Establishes plans, defines approaches, develops designs and conducts engineering/scientific analysis on moderately complex problems. Has a leadership responsibility, when appropriate. Develops within broad objectives, new or improved moderately complex products, components, processes or improved production Works under normal supervision of management, and under the general guidance of more senior professionals.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Within broad objectives, develops detailed engineering plans to meet product or process requirements.
- Solves moderately complex engineering problems. Develops innovative designs.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Utilizes skills and experience to anticipate and avoid moderately complex technical problems
- Proactively provides for continuous procedure and process improvement.
- Participates in project planning for large projects and develops project work plans to insure requirements and schedules are met. May take lead role for smaller projects.
- Contributes to and influences projects that are subject to business
Job Description Continued
measurements, impact customer satisfaction, or impact future costs or expenses.
- Accountable for completion of team or departmental technical objectives on schedule and within cost and quality objectives. Failure to accomplish may require additional resources to correct.
- Intra-organizational and external customer liaison on routine matters.
- May have budgetary or expense responsibility.
- Documents own work and assure timely communication to all affected areas.
- When appropriate, coordinates activities of less experienced or less knowledgeable engineering and technical staff.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Has professional theoretical, conceptual and applied knowledge in a specific engineering field. Requires a BS degree in engineering and related experience.