Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is searching for an Power and Cooling SETA Engineer to work on an exciting program. The SETA will advise Customer on the feasibility of new and existing technology as it relates to power cooling & air condition (HVAC) for complex systems. The SETA will display extensive experience with state of the industry solutions for power and HVAC technologies and will be in a position to mentor or teach others on the design, installation and servicing of HVAC systems both hands-on and academic. If the SETA is not currently knowledgeable on geo-source heat pump technology they must have the capability to quickly become informed on its uses and limitations. The SETA is expected to maintain currency on state of the industry topics related to power and HVAC and ancillary systems such as SCADA and building management technologies. The SETA will prepare cost estimates for development and support projects, advise on proper structuring of statements of work, develop (in conjunction with othercontractors) project schedules. The SETA will observe tests and other milestone throughout the project life-cycle. The SETA will be asked to prepare and edit test plans, test report and various IV&V documents. Both field and office work should be expected and light hands-on work will occur on an infrequent basis. The ability to work in confined spaces is required. 10-20% CONUS travel will be required, sometimes on short notice. The ability to travel OCONUS is highly desirable.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Requires 20years of relevant experience
- Must have an understanding of power systems
- Familiarity with the role of a SETA to include the ability to advise Customers on the technical merits of solutions, prepare should-cost estimates, provide assistance in statement of work preparation, and provide general assistance in acquisition planning
- Ability to instruct and mentor others in theory and hands-on design and installation of HVAC systems
- Expertise with basic office IT packages such as MS Office and MS Project
Requisition ID 2017-38263