NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses.
Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
This Manager position will be responsible for managing HVAC sales and service performance within the Services by Reliant business unit while adhering to our STRIVE values.
It will also include responsibility for dispatch, vendor management, planning budgeting, quality assurance, performance management, career development, sales training, and business development.
- Keep safety first through managing and supporting corporate safety policies and procedures
- Demonstrate management / supervisory experience in a similar role in the HVAC services industry
- Review and manage business based on financial performance, trends, and metrics
- Thorough understanding of market place dynamics including industry trends and assessment of key competitors programs
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Sales and Operations processes and tools to drive overall performance
- Plan and manage the day to day operation and delivery of sales and service
- Train, direct, and evaluate staff in the development and application of sales and service skills to achieve goals
- Mentor staff in the development and implementation of effective sales strategies including product knowledge, presentation, follow-up, and ability to close
- Provide direction and support for direct reports and sub teams in performance of their duties
- Supervise and support staff and provide constructive feedback and corrective coaching
- Evaluate and adjust processes and tactics to maximize productivity and performance
- Manage procurement and cost control activities
- Evaluate and adjust policies and activity to meet financial goals through data analysis
- Manage policies and strategies with external vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Ability to manage multiple functions such as dispatch, inventory, and fleet in addition to managing sales and service performance.
- Working knowledge of code and design requirements pertaining to HVAC systems and equivalent jurisdictions
Education: College education is preferred.
Experience: 7+ years of experience in the HVAC or related field. Previous technician management or leadership experience is required. Prior sales and service management experience with the HVAC industry preferred. Knowledge of HVAC designs, applications, and energy saving solutions.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work effectively and build relationships with people at all levels. Must be able to motivate team members and be able to coordinate cross functional processes and others not under his/her direct supervision
- Able to work effectively both independently and with teams. Excellent problem solving skills and able to use good judgment to make recommendations and decisions
- Superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, grasp of the big picture and be highly analytical
- Must have strong structured thinking skills and technical aptitude
- Effectively communicates with executive management, other employees and external customers both verbally and through presentations and other written documents
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
- Strong work ethic
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to establish new processes and systems
- Responsive and flexible
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent personal computer skills within a Windows environment including spreadsheets, presentations, databases, and word processing
- Knowledge of financial tools common to the industry
- Fast paced open office environment.
- Some overtime required.
- Some travelrequired.