What you will do
Under general direction, manages the local market equipment delivery teams either for an Area or Multiple Areas. Works in association with local sales managers to insure fore log estimation support is managed increasing sales productivity. Responsible for timely releases, revenue forecasting, billings, collections and resource planning and assisting Area Management in reporting. Assigns projects and ensures appropriate selection, estimating and engineering submittals are assigned to those projects. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local, federal, and legal requirements and operates with the highest of ethics. Ensures staff adheres to all safety standards. Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and subcontractor relationships in the community. Teams with local service managers to ensure timely coordination and support for startups and warranty.
How you will do it
- Manages System Application Engineers (SAEs) pre-sale and post-sale activities including: overall selection, estimation support, submittal, execution and performance of assigned Equipment delivery teams. Ensures local market goals and objectives are met.
- Lead the SAEs on proper support for Account Executives (AEs) to increase for example BOD and bid-activity.
- Goals and objectives are aligned with Area and HQ from a priority including pre-sales and post-sales metrics, pipeline growth, BOD, secured margin, backlog growth, EBIT, cash flow, reducing equipment/project slippage, SG&A, productivity improvements, succession planning etc, managing work load to meet customer commitments.
- Participate in account management activities (STAR and TAS) and quarterly reviews with Key and Target consultants and contractors.
- Participate in pre-bid reviews, assists Sales, System Applications Engineers in the review and interpretation of contract terms and conditions, identifying potential risks.
- Establishes goals and development plans for all direct reports, conducting monthly 1-1s. Evaluates employee performance and performs salary management.
- Drives asset management including credit and legal holds, cost control, billings, collections, and payables.
- Manages fore log and backlog releasedate coordination with factories, managing all CRSDs, manages local market escalations for pre-sale and post-sale lead time improvements.
- Ensures the proper coordination post shipment services that include but are not limited to; start-up initiation and solutions to delivery, shipping or scope omission problems, teaming with service.
- Recruits Systems Application Engineers and Lead Systems Application Engineers with the appropriate skills and competencies to meet the needs of the local market.
- Ensures that the BSNA estimating and engineering tools are utilized effectively.
- Follows up on customer satisfaction issues and drives resolution. Provides leadership by demonstrating focus on achieving customer satisfaction.
- Assists in preparation of annual strategic and financial operating plan.
- Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, and subcontractor relationships in the community.
- Ensures accuracy in scheduling of installation projects and equipment backlog, including scheduling of want dates and delivery dates.
- Coaches teams on the management of project risks, conflict resolution and establishment project recovery plans.
- Promotes the securing of change orders.
- Ensures compliance with the Safety Program for employees and subcontractors.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and ensures that installation business is conducted with the highest ethical standards
What we look for
- Bachelor’s in engineering, business or marketing.
- 8+ years progressively responsible management experience, preferably in building construction or operations. Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated team-building and leadership skills.