SCOPE OF POSITION: The residential sales manager position is responsible for directing, supervising. and executing residential equipment sales/marketing strategic goals throughout our designated dealer/contractor network. Also responsible for the outcome of residential Sales functions and assigned department personnel for TSI’s Residential Sales business unit. Supervises territory managers and dealer support for TSI’s Madison and Green Bay locations.
Reports directly to Sales Director. Ensures efficient, effective, and productive operations for residential territory managers and support teams. Responsible for supervision, direction, and corrective action, as required, to achieve desired objectives.
- Establish and achieve Residential Sales and Profit Objectives. Directs and coordinates sales distribution by establishing territory quotas and goals. Assigns sales territories to territory managers.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals and major HVAC equipment suppliers. Effectively balance TSI’s corporate sales and profit objectives with Carrier Corporation’s Performance Management Process (PMP) goals.
- Support Territory Managers in developing and assisting new and existing accounts and in sales presentations.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates.
- Plan and direct sales and support programs to promote new markets, improve competitive position in existing markets, and maintain fast and efficient customer services.
- Advise Territory Managers and Dealer regarding sales and advertising techniques.
- Stays abreast of technological and competitive developments in HVAC equipment and distribution. This includes reviewing articles in trade publications, attending trade shows, monitoring and evaluating competitor’s activities and products.
- Represents TSI at trade association meetings, customer promotions, etc. to promote Company products and programs. Participate in dealer advisory councils.
- Promotes and maintains positive dealer relations. Assist clients and/or territory managers with negotiation and closing deals.
- Develop, implement, and audit departmental budget to ensure assigned division conforms to budgetary requirements. Approves departmental expenditures and appropriations.
- Reviews product sales and marketing to eliminate unprofitable item’s from sales line.
- Promotes and maintains a flexible cooperative, positive, team-oriented attitude with and between departments and end users.
- Ensures timely, accurate, proper records, files, data bases, etc. are developed and maintained for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Open and willing to perform other duties as needed.