With over 85 years of HVAC and mechanical services experience, Illingworth-Kilgust Mechanical (an Emcor company) provides our employees with stable and secure employment. Our statewide clients are provided with the total mechanical solutions they need to meet their facilities' full life cycle requirements and they keep us very busy!
From healthcare to manufacturing, from finance to entertainment, from education to government, we have the industry expertise and proven experience our clients need for efficient operation, reduced energy consumption, and a more effective response to today’s most complex and demanding facilities challenges.
The result is an experienced, reliable single-source mechanicalconstruction and HVAC provider with a statewide presence. A highly trained and highly skilled talented team of professionals. And solid financial strength.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package (including company paid life, short and long term disability insurances). We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What is it all about
Illingworth-Kilgust’s HVAC Project Manager is responsible for the design, and sale of a variety of HVAC and process systems with estimating and project management being a secondary focus. This position sells services and products using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs.
Some of the activities for this position are listed below:
- Actively pursue and acquire new business through developing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Makes sales contacts, research customer needs and develop application of products and services.
- Present to prospective clients, a sound understanding of proposed project plans, specifications and other contractual documents.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning.
- Prepare project budgets, cost reports, schedules, and assist in project contract negotiations.
- Active attendance at job site meetings and project progress meetings and work closely with field crew supervision.
- Work closely with the CAD/BIM Manager to ensure expeditious work for projects is complete
- Keep the customer fully informed of project progress and any issues that may affect the project or its costs.
- Submit change orders with committed cost and secure their approval in a timely fashion.
- Purchase major HVAC equipment and other materials for projects. Plan, organize, direct and coordinate manpower, equipment, tools and supply needs with the department to achieve project objectives.
- Attend meetings to coordinate design issues with customer and other disciplines. Responsible for plan submittals for city and state review.
- Represent clients in obtaining bids and awarding constructioncontracts.
- Participate in LEED projects including documentation for LEED on line, review of project ranking and credits, analysis required for mechanical systems, development of processes, plans and procedures, file verification and construction activities.
What you bring
- Minimum of five (5) years HVAC experience
- Minimum one year of sales experience
- Experience creating and maintaining budgets
- Knowledge of Wisconsin building codes
- Project management and/or estimating experience is a plus
- Skilled in Microsoft Office and other computer applications. Experience with Quickpen software is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent customer relations skills and the ability to influence individuals and groups.
- Must be highly trustworthy and able to handle confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Willingness to travel when the construction site is not close to the main office.