What you will do
Under general direction, delivers planned business results for HVAC and Controls Owner direct sales and across all domains and contract types in priority accounts for assigned Areas. Coaches Area Owner Sales Leaders and Strategic Account Managers on best practices, priorities and activities required to achieve targets or plan for leading and lagging metrics. Responsible for execution of account management and account coverage strategies required to improve productivity and capacity. Works collaboratively with Construction Sales leaders, Vertical Market Directors, Connected Technologies and Area/Local sales leaders across domains. Uses influence skills to ensure adoption of cross selling, commercial sales practices, owner sales processes, and sales tools. Ensures the local market size and sales capacity requirements are understood and planned staffing activities occur to cover preferred Owner accounts. Coordinates with Learning & Development, Commercial operations, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition and Service Operations to hire, on board, retain and promote Owner Sales talent. Supervises and leverages Owner sales Project Development Engineers to increase project pipelines.
How you will do it
1. Delivers planned business results for HVAC and Controls Owner direct sales and across all domains and contract types in priority accounts for assigned Areas.
2. Provides direction, shares best practices and identifies resources for Strategic Account Sales Managers that result in improved leading and lagging metrics.
3. Supports sales leadership in the development of the local market plans, growth objectives, and staffing plans required to achieve the annual sales goals.
4. Oversees account prioritization, salesperson segmentation and account assignment, to maximize our capacity, productivity and cross selling across domains.
5. Collaborates with Construction, Fire and Security domain leaders to capture JCI share of wallet for all HVAC, Fire and Security offerings and products in priority accounts.
6. Ensure Account management practices including STAR reviews, account plan reviews, and customer quarterly business reviews are completed according to account priority. Engages in customer and account planning meetings to model best practices and bring insight. Acts as Executive sponsor for appropriate Key Accounts and conducts C Level meetings as required to build relationships and gain customer loyalty.
7. Coaches Strategic Account Sales Managers on sales management practices for transactional or early career sales roles. Lead cadence meetings to achieve expected sales activity levels. Ensure best practices such as lead sourcing, salesperson ride-a longs, weekly goal meetings and service team alignment are in place.
8. Coaches Local Sales Managers to increase sales productivity through Sales Management Disciplines (SMD), one-on-ones, observed/coached sales calls, account management, STAR reviews, and TAS reviews on target projects. Leads TAS activity on critical must win deals within focus areas.
9. Provides direction, training and analytics to achieve expected margins on every line of business and contract. Shares market factors that influence price, value propositions, and analytics to achieve desired results.
10. Collaborates with PDNA, Controls and Equipment sales and also HVAC Service Operations leadership to ensure local markets have required support and subject matter expertise to grow equipment, controls and mechanical service lines of business.
11. Support local marketing efforts, including regional and local trade shows, participation in relevant industry associations, advertising, and public relations.
12. Assists in identifying and developing hi potential sales talent. Works closely with sales leadership to ensure personal development plans, mentors and experiential learning is available as needed to accelerate career growth.
13. Supports Commercial Sales Practices, Sales Builder and BEST sales training for Owner Sales team.
14. Responsible for using CRM and sales analytics to bring insight to sales teams to improve our chance to win projects, grow accounts and also improve sales performance overall.
What we look for
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related field, MBA preferred.
• Eight to ten years’ experience in Sales management experience. Territory coverage will be Canada - Toronto.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC marketplace, account management, reoccurring service, and relationships with key players in the market.