Job DescriptionAbout The Company
Source Refrigeration & HVAC is a market-leader in the design, installation, repair & maintenance, and optimization of mission critical refrigeration & HVAC systems. Headquartered in Anaheim, California, we have approximately 1,000 field-based service and installation experts serving the daily needs of more than 2,500 customers, nationwide. We are proud to enjoy long standing relationships with many of today's leading food retailers as well as market-leaders in other industries.
Our company was founded with energy utilization and optimization being primary drivers of our work, and this remains a key part of our culture today. Our offerings cover every stage of a system's life-cycle, including:
- New system design & installation
- Refrigerant conversions
- Repair & Maintenance
- Optimization of energy use and system performance
We are refrigeration equipment neutral, so our teams of experts are trained and experienced in designing, installing, repairing, maintaining and optimizing all manufacturers' products. We lead the industry in the use of technology and mobile tools to support our field teams and ensure the service they provide is efficient, effective and consistent. Our goal is to establish long term partnerships that improve sustainability and our customers' bottom line.
This position provides direct engineering support for advanced refrigeration, HVAC and EMS projects and systems. Duties include direct communication with internal and external customers, providing timely engineering support for all operations, as well as awareness of new technologies and trends.
All duties will be performed in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides engineering support for all aspects of refrigeration design, including load calculations, equipment selections, site surveys, remodel or new construction, line sizing, modeling applications, etc. Focus is grocery retail and light industrial. Includes specifications and drawing development.
- Provides engineering support for HVAC design, including building load calculations, equipment selection, energy compliance forms, specifications and drawing development.
- Close coordination with CAD designers for drawing development and plan review.
- Support for service, construction, EO and sales operations as required.
- Computer and software engagement, including engineeringdatabase etc.
- New technology awareness, membership in industry organizations
- Personal development and continued skills refinement.
- Travel as required for project, educational or other company assignments.
- External customer support as required
- Compressor rack configuration and collaboration with suppliers.
- Refrigeration conversion product line support.
- Project Mates support as required by the Const. Dept.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES:
- Commercial and light industrial refrigeration design, grocery retail and light industrial specific.
- Commercial and supermarket HVAC design
- Electrical and controls knowledge as relates to commercial installations and equipment.
- Industry related skills
- Code and standard awareness
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- 5-10 years industry experience in commercial & light industrial refrigeration, HVAC and EMS design, construction, and maintenance.
- Mechanical Engineering/Technical degree
- PE preferred
- Industry affiliations