Are you an EIT or PE with solid experience in the design of HVAC systems for commercial or institutional facilties. Do you want to work with a team of innovative engineers? Do you want to be a part of the growth and success of a solid E&A firm? If you answered yes to these questions, then this may be the job for you.
- Coordinate the work of the mechanical design team through the schematic design development and construction document phase of a project.
- May establish meetings and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance.
- May conduct work sessions or meetings at project site in conjunction with the Project Manager and other disciplines.
- Involved in the preparation of building models and detailed contract documents.
- Is responsible to coordinate workload to complete the documents on schedule.
- Responsible for the technical coordination of projects with otherinternal disciplines and outside consultants to ensure that conflicts do not exist in the documents.
- Coordinate and assist with affected disciplines that have any addendum requests for information, change proposal requests, and/or change orders and is responsible to incorporate agreed upon changes into the project documents.
- Completes work in a timely manner and alerts the Senior Mechanical Engineer and team members when a change in scope of work changes.
- Provide control strategies for project budget overruns.
- Attend scheduled team meetings and be an active participant.
- Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with internal and external project team members including clients, contractors and consultants.
- Determines and promotes the best use of design software/technology for presentation and production purposes. Examples include Revit, AutoCAD, BSD Speclink and other emerging technologies.
- May lead team meetings and activities including ‘Lessons Learned’ sessions.
- An ambassador for company-wide values and ethical standards of practice.
- Assist the Senior Mechanical Engineer in monitoring budget and schedule.
- Works with the Senior Mechanical Engineer to provide control strategies for project budget overruns.
- Oversees and produces contract documents that are efficient and consistent with the scope of work, schedule and fee allotted to complete the work
- Identifies and works with the Senior Mechanical Engineer toward solutions when inconsistencies occur as they relate to design and documentation.
- BSME or BSAS with specialty in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in education.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Knowledge of Revit and AutoCad, required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation skills