The Senior Engineer will work on the Residential Products team that is part of the Unitary Products Group (UPG) for Johnson Controls. This position will be located in our Wichita, KS plant and will report to the Director of Engineering for Residential Splits.
This position plans, conducts, and supervises engineering projects with moderate magnitude and scope usually involving integration among diverse systems. This position works independently to meet customer needs through creative application of engineering principles.
- Creates and develops information product and or system concepts or operating processes to fulfill business needs.
- Develops, designs, plans, and implements, processes, systems and procedures utilizing standard engineering or technology principles to complete assignments.
- Identifies, investigates, and recommends improvements in products, systems, or processes to improve the application or operation; and conducts engineering or systems analysis and experimentation to analyze application or operational feasibility and explore alternatives.
- Develops working prototypes or detailed plans and outlines and tests for Industry and agency compliance.
- Plans and schedules projects, tests, and change to optimize utilization while meeting established time schedules and budgets.
- Performs tradeoff between implementation, schedule and cost and resource constraints, and recommends alternatives.
- Provides technical feedback and consultation to other organizations involved in system design or implementation activities.
- Participates in technology transfer initiatives among IT departments, R&D, and Product Engineering.
- Prepares product documentation, operating instructions, and reviews related technical literature.
- Engages more experienced engineers in proactive fashion to assist them in accomplishing business goals, while mentoring less experienced engineers in the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
This Notice is being posted as part of the remedy agreed to pursuant to a conciliation agreement between Johnson Controls, Inc. and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Federal law requires that there be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the in individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, or genetic information with respect to hiring, promotion, firing, compensation, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
Johnson Controls, Inc. supports and will comply with such Federal law in all respects and will not take any action against employees because they have exercised their rights under the law.
Specifically, Johnson Controls, Inc. will not: (1) base employment decisions on the disability or perceived disability of an applicant; (2) make pre-offer of employment medical inquires or examinations; or (3) use the Medical Questionnaire, Tinel’s Sign, Phalen’s Maneuver, or Finkelstein’s tests in the medical examinations of applicants or employees to determine susceptibility to Carpet Tunnel Syndrome prior to any offer rind acceptance of employment. In the future, if any applicants for temporary employment experiences illegal discrimination based on the Company’s conduct, such individuals will be made whole for any losses they incurred as a result of such conduct, consistent with legal requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.
- A minimum of five years related commercial or residential HVAC systems design experience preferred.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Current technical knowledge and skills relative to business requirements and state of the art information technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment; ability to work collaboratively with user, and flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.