This opportunity is for an engaged life-scientist/toxicologist who will provide safety support for hair care products in all stages of development and who will complement the expert community of the broader safety organisation where needed.
We are looking for a PhD Scientist to support current and upstream Hair Care business initiatives of all product types as an integral member of multifunctional teams. The individual in this role will:
- Be the primary owner of category product safety knowledge, including key technologies, potential safety concerns, relevant habits & practices data, safety-related ER issues etc.
- Lead assessment of new product types, formulas and ingredients, identify data gaps, design, execute and interpret appropriate safety programs or discern when existing data are sufficient and communicate guidance proactively to customers.
- Manage in-market safety questions and issues, collaborating closely with functions within and outside of GPS, e.g. GSSA, QA, Legal and R&D/PS/Commercial partners.
As needed, a function of the role will also be to contribute to external defense of key substances through industry associations.
REQUIREMENTS (SKILLS / EXPERIENCES) FOR THE ROLE:
- PhD in toxicology or a related discipline is preferred.
- Technical mastery in toxicology and product safety/risk assessment.
- Strong judgment, creative thinking skills and a flexible mindset. Ongoing capability building by the individual is expected.
- Excellent communication skills are needed in order to convey positions clearly and explain complex technical issues in a manner suitable to a variety of internal customers.
- Needs to collaborate effectively and build strong relationships with a variety of partners.
- A strong sense of ownership is needed to develop and convey robust, principle-based positions while respecting questions or ideas from others.
- Needs to become adept at utilizing company systems, particularly GPS-owned systems such as PASS and CSL. This includes an understanding of the initiative process, timelines and when/how to provide Safety positions in order to guide teams proactively.