The Human Resources Manager at Dollar Tree provides leadership and direction in the area of HR in a busy retail distribution center environment. The HR Manager develops, maintains, and carries out all phases the of human resources activity by supporting organizational growth, development, and change. Additionally, they ensure that the facility adheres to company policies, and local, state, and federal employment laws.?
- Responsible for all Human Resources activities, ensuring that all activities are performed in a high quality and timely manner?
- Lead the HR and Safety teams?
- Provide expertise in Associate Relations and HR Compliance?
- Lead Associate engagement efforts in the distribution center?
- Ensure that the distribution center maintains the Company’s open door policy?
- Advise and support managers in resolving associate issues?
- Help lead continuous improvement initiatives?
- Direct exempt and non-exempt recruiting in the distribution center?
- Lead exempt and non-exempt training/development efforts in the distribution center?
- Lead orientation, onboarding, and training for new associates?
- Establish and promote programs that provide for a safe workplace and a safety conscious work force?
- Participate on distribution center and Company project teams?
- Manage Payroll and HRIS execution in the distribution center?
- Collaborate with Store Support Center and other key partners?
- Understand, interpret, and administer company policies and procedures?
- Proactively identify performance and cost trends; work with leadership teams to develop and execute action plans?
- Represent the Company at hearings and investigations?
- Reduce overall payroll costs through proactive associate retention, seasonal hiring and temporary employee management?
- Continually increase and facilitate the communication and sharing of ideas within the distribution center and between the distribution center and other key partners?
- Help lead the distribution center team to increase retention?
- Ensure Company and distribution center policies are updated and consistently applied?
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or SPHR certification preferred with five years of progressively more responsible HR Generalist experience?
- Requires previous supervisory experience and an in-depth working knowledge of all Human Resources functions including a strong understanding, knowledge, and interpretive ability regarding employment law; Training experience helpful?
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, promote, and participate in teams; as well as the ability to function independently?
- Requires rapid and thorough independent decision making and creative problem solving skills, good judgment as well as the ability to accept personal and departmental accountability for areas of responsibility?
- Requires occasional out of town travel?
- PC skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Internet
What we offer you: ?
Dollar Tree offers a full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Due to our tremendous growth we also offer excellent career GROWTH opportunities for motivated individuals?
Why Dollar Tree?
Dollar Tree is a: ?
Priceless Experience: A career with Dollar Tree also comes with a lot of variety. It's a fun career that allows you to wear a different hat every day. ?
Big Company With Big Ideas: We are the nation's leading operator of single price point dollar stores with more than 4,600 locations in 48 states, a $7 billion corporate owned chain. ?
Valuable Partner: We're all on the same team at Dollar Tree. We're about people treating each other with respect, camaraderie and a sense of joint purpose. ?
Career Growth Opportunity: If you have the drive and energy, a career with Dollar Tree can take you just about anywhere you want to go. ?
Place We Can All Profit: Why not have your cake and eat it too? Work for a great company and in return get a great benefits package that shows our appreciation.