POM Wonderful has a new opening for a bilingual Human Resources Supervisor. Under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources, this role will provide technical HR and employee relations advice and guidance to department managers and employees, interpreting and implementing of Company polices and Federal/State laws affecting terms and conditions of employment. This is a great development opportunity, managing a small team within a growing organization.
POM Wonderful Work:
- Develop, interpret and recommend employee relations program goals and objectives, policies, procedures and courses of action for facility.
- Interpret company policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Respond to employment related inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs and provide appropriate training to management regarding relevant Federal, State and Local employment laws.
- Provide managers and supervisors with advice and training in employee relations matters, and in handling supervisory problems and employee grievances; develop and conduct training for managers and supervisors on employee relations matters.
- Proactively maintain a positive work environment that supports an open door policy; provide support and counsel to management team regarding all employment relation issues from coaching to corrective action and facilitate resolutions that are fair and consistent.
- Conduct necessary employment related investigations and ensure proper interview, reporting and documentation protocols are adhered to.
- Participate in or coordinate with counsel and departments to prepare for hearings and arbitration and may represent assigned client group at personnel-related hearings (EDD, DEFH, OSHA, etc.).
- Maintain knowledge of human resource industry trends and new employment related legislation and communicate policies, procedures and program revisions as necessary to assigned client group.
- Assist in employee separations and conduct exit interviews as needed to determine reasons behind separations.
- Work in conjunction and/or provide support to Safety department relating to investigations.
- Participate on committees, project teams and special projects as required.
- Present a professional image as a representative of the Company.
POM Wonderful You:
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources generalist experience within the production/manufacturing industry
- Proven success in driving HR initiatives and implementing new programs, processes and systems
- Familiarity with state specific labor laws, wage and hour guidelines, COBRA, ERISA, ADA, FMLA, PDL/CFRA and related Federal and State regulations.
- Ability to see the "big picture" business perspective, but is willing to "roll up their sleeves" and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to provide guidance and assistance to all levels of employees.
- Professional communication skills, fluent in English and Spanish
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict management
- Ability to handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy, employ creative and innovative thought processes and perform analysis and communicate results effectively.
- Possess intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and ADP HRIS software.
- B.A degree in Human Resources, Business or related field. Supplementary training and/or designations (M.A., PHR, SPHR) related to the human resource field, or equivalent education and experience, is desirable.