Human Resources Sr. Manager - Operations
Foremost Farms USA - Wisconsin
This position is responsible for managing all collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) and labor issues and practices, providing consistent application and effective response to labor-related issues to achieve organizational objectives, while providing human resource management support to assigned locations, in accordance with company policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership, consultation, guidance while working collaborativelywith human resources manager(s) and other management, for collective bargaining agreement issues, at all locations.
- Coordinating strike contingency planning for all facilities.
- Preparing for the expiration of each CBA and serving as first-chair during the negotiation process.
- Administering and interpreting collective bargaining agreements and non-union work agreements as appropriate.
- Representing the company in grievance and arbitration matters.
- Administering employment laws governing employment, wages, hours, discrimination and the like, as appropriate.
- Formulating, recommending, and administering policies that meet company objectives and comply with State and Federal laws relating to discrimination and harassment.
- Investigating and taking appropriate action when informal or formal charges are filed.
- Employ, direct and evaluate skilled and qualified personnel to execute the business activities of the department.
- Responding to plant inquiries and advising management on a variety of employee relations and labor issues such as employee/supervisor conflicts, employee discipline, and employee terminations.
- For assigned location(s) - Developing systems, processes, procedures that result in positive impact on employee-based KPIs, including safety, quality, absenteeism, turnover, grievances and employee satisfaction, in conjunction with corporate resources; involvement in plant hiring activities to ensure the optimum talent is being hired; overseeing new hire onboarding process at plant, that aligns with corporate resources; administering HR workflow, record keeping, and being point of contact for corporate HR issues.
- Regular and punctual attendance and physical presence in the workplace.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Occasional/frequent/continually travel for work, up to 67% of the time.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs, and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as dictated letters or memoranda, invoices, company policies, various documentation, collective bargaining agreement, employment documents and government regulations. Ability to process routine reports and correspondences as-well-as complex legal documents. Ability to communicate effectively with employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of employment-related laws and technical information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines. The ability to drive a motor vehicle, and maintaining a valid driver’s license. This position must have a good understanding of employment law and collective bargain concepts and be able to apply appropriately to workplace situations. Must be able to appropriately handle confidential information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands – Employee is continuously (more than 67% to 100% of the time) required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally (up to 33% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment – The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate.
- Protective Equipment – This position may need personal protective equipment that is appropriate for the job being performed, such as hearing protection, food safety clothing and other.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a BachelorDegree in human resources, or related field, knowledge related to the job and five to ten years of job-related experience in a manufacturing work setting, withexperiencewith CBA administration in a union environment. An advanced degree in labor relations or related field of study, with ten or more years of labor relations experience, is preferred.
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis., is a farmer-owned milk processing and marketingcooperative with annual sales of $1.5 billion. The nation’s eighth-largest cooperative and number 25 in annual sales among the Top 100 U.S. dairy processors, Foremost Farms is a leading manufacturer and marketer of cheese, specialty whey ingredients, butter and bulk fluid milk to customers around the world. We’re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we’re working to be the world’s best – to Be Foremost – we’ll bring out the best in you. We’re already one of the nation’s top 10 dairy cooperatives, making Wisconsin cheese and dairy ingredients for the global marketplace. But we’re not satisfied. Are you?
Are you ready to Be Foremost?
Equal Opportunity EmployerMinorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing which could include a drug test, physical, background check, education check and credit check required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Baraboo, WI
- Labor Relations: 10 years
- Union: 5years