American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country’s fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (AMH:NYSE) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Human Resources Specialist interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). This role ensures that the workers’ compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws. This position serves as the subject matter expert for the leave and workers’ compensation programs. In addition, controls all administrative aspects of the cases and claims and coordinates investigations into all reported workers’ compensationclaims.
- Manages the leave of absence process
- Processes terminations
- Ensures coordination between payroll, the hiring manager and appropriate parties
- Facilitates the ADA interactive process
- Adheres to applicable state and federal laws, utilizing best practices and consistency through the organization
- Manages the Incident/Injury Reporting process by furnishing incident reports
- Ensures that all reportable workers’ compensationclaims are submitted to the company’s vendor
- Further investigates and partners with management to resolve cases
- Maintains OSHA logs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, HRMS, Business Administration or a related field required.
- Minimum of five (5)years ofexperience working in human resources with the followingrequired:
- Leaves of absence
- ADA accommodations
- Workers’ Compensation administration (Monopolistic state experience)
- Presenting to large groups
- Unemployment claims
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of HIPAA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, USERRA, ADA, ADAAA, and other applicable legislation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) require.
- Valid Driver’s license required
- Working knowledge of ADP and/or SilkRoad preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving, planning and analysis skills
- Strong relationship management, organizing and customer service skills
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to pay close attention to details