Human Resources Professional
Human Resources Career Opportunity with National Responsibility
Orange County, CA, San Diego, CA San Francisco, CA/East Bay, Portland, OR, Las Vegas, NV
We are looking for a Human Resources professional who is seeking a career path and wants to be part of a dynamic high functioning HR team. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of experiences and partner with a business that is progressive, growing, and seeking proactive HRpartnership. Serving as advisor, counselor, and executor, you will manage the operational aspects for several branches of a nationwide business unit.
What You’ll do
- Ensure the effective and consistent delivery of human resources services including: on-boarding/off boarding, employee/labor relations, performance management, compensationsupport, LOA/ADA case management, and general administrative tasks.
- Develop very effective partnerships with branch management and strong relationships with employees at all levels. Serves as front-line first point of contact for employee questions, concerns, and requests and provide excellent customer service to managers/employees on a day to day basis.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers on a regular basis for complex employee performance issues including investigations, performance improvement plans, and performance counseling. Partner with the business on complex union concerns and grievances.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and interface to management to ensure all positions are filled effectively and timely, in accordance to workforce plans.
- Support annual performance appraisal process by counseling and advising managers; tracking completion of reviews. May deliver performance review training.
- Coordinate with management to develop job descriptions/families, and partner with corporate compensation to facilitate the annual merit review process.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Corporate Human Resources Programs to maximize effectiveness and minimize redundancies in company-wide HRprocesses.
What You’ll need to be Successful:
- Proven ability to build and maintain very effective relationships and work successfully as an influencer across organization lines and at all levels, while supporting remote managers/employees. Ability to navigate matrix relationships and experiencepartnering withHR functional experts.
- Significant knowledge of, employment law, workforce planning/recruitment, employee and labor relations. General knowledge of collective bargaining agreements, training, compensation, benefits, and leave management.
- Ability to problem solve and provide advice and counsel on complex professional employee issues. Ability to develop creative solutions and provide options to management.
- Very strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities in a fast paced start up environment; ability to work independently; excellent customer service skills with timely responses with high volume requests.
- Ability to travel primarily to West Coast locations on a consistent basis, and occasionally to East Coast branch.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Human Resources Management, business management or a related field of study preferred. PHR or SPHR Certification desired.
- 6-8 plus years of progressive experience in Human Resources working in a mid-size company; mix of professional and union employees preferred. Previous experience managing remote locations desired. Building Automation, Construction, Engineering or similar industry experiencepreferred.