ZAI has an immediate need for HR Manager to work at it's corporate headquarters located in Fairfax, VA. Qualified individual will provide human resources administrative support on a day-to-day basis. Teaming with the HR Team, the HR Manager will provide guidance, support, and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and employment practices. Relies onexperience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with employee issues.
- Review and approve leaves of absence.
- Review and approve education reimbursement.
- Prepare, update and provide company and government required training to employees.
- Assist with recruiting to include reviewing resumes, sourcing candidates, and interviewing candidates. Conduct phone screens, professional references, etc. as necessary.
- Prepare and file government reports as due, i.e. EEO-1 Report, VETS 100 Report, and OSHA log, etc.
- Report workers compensation claims and follow-up to ensure claims are filed correctly and timely.
- Respond to employees inquiries.
- Monitor new employees benefit enrollments and forward enrollment data to appropriate HR Administrator.
- Prepare and distribute involuntary termination letters.
- Assist with open houses.
- Assist with new employee orientation.
- Assist with Taleo maintenance to include posting, editing, and closing positions as well as updating candidate’s status.
- Performs customer service functions by answering candidates and employee requests and questions.
- Verify input in CostPoint as needed.
- Serve as back-up support as needed.
- Assist with meeting planning of corporate events.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of progressive human resource experience.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Service Contract Act (SCA).
- Current working knowledge of Deltek CostPoint and Impromptu.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Must maintain confidentiality, display discretion and protect privacy of information.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Experience with recruiting and maintain applicant flow log.
- Experience with Taleo is desired.
- PHR certification desired.
- Previous experience in a government contracting environment preferred.