Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
You will be part of a global, diverse team. A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong, personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
Responsible for establishing and implementing employee programs and monitor processes that foster and promote a climate of trust, cooperation and confidence. Implements programs and administers policies that are perceived as, fair and equitable, consistent with the personnel programs and activities that fosters open and direct communications between the Company and all employees. Plans and carries out policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates in the Human Resource Department.
- Measures and provides feedback sentiments regarding the workplace, company programs, and other job-related matters. Actively engages all employees in the annual global survey, reviews and communicates results with both hourly and salary personnel, identifies method for facilitating action planning to include employees at all levels, and offers transparent updates on action plans that are recognized by employees as effective responses.
- Partners with the recruiting team in identifying new talent, interviewing, and onboarding of promotions, transferred employees or new hires.
- Drives the Performance Management annual review cycle through training programs for supervisors/managers, establishing goals, mid-year reviews, self-assessments and MGR reviews to achieve 100% engagement and completion. Assures compliance with all labor laws.
- Coordinates and facilitates employee relations programs at the plant level to ensure consistent labor relations practices. Generates excitement for the Company brand through monthly engagement activities in partnership with the management team and activities committee to include charitable events, holiday celebrations, diversity initiatives, etc.
- Assures equitable, motivating wage and salary administration procedures. Keeps abreast of compensation levels and trends in the general vicinity of the plant as they affect employee compensation. Administer the company’s various insurance and other benefit programs.
- Establishes and maintains accurate personnel employment records which fulfill legal, corporate and general business requirements for pertinent up-to-date employee information.
- In conjunction with Managers identifies, plans and conducts or coordinates training programs, seminars, etc., designed to develop a high degree of competency, performance and commitment at all employee levels.
- Drives the plant Hi-Po process through identification of talent, action planning and consistent follow-up with the managers for desired outcome.
- Partners with the EHS Manager to ensure an aggressive safety and accident prevention program which involves educating employees, maintaining good housekeeping, providing and enforcing the use of safety equipment, providing effective medical/first aid procedures and services, establishing relationships with local medical facilities, reporting and maintaining complete and accurate records of injuries and assuring compliance with OSHA and Worker’s Compensation regulations.
- Represents the Company’s interest during Employee Resolution proceedings, procedures, and administrative requirements including EEO, NLRB, Worker’s Compensation, and Union Grievance Meetings as required.
- Represents the Company by membership and/or participation in professional, civic, charitable, or similar organizations as appropriate.
- Responsible for implementation of corrective and preventative action and follow-up when discrepancies are detected in audits.
- Responsible for coordinating standardized work through the Company manufacturing system to achieve yearly targets.
- Manages and promotes a safe work culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or the
equivalent in a responsible position.
- Negotiations experience is required as a 1st chair.
- Minimum five years in a responsible Human
Resource Management function. This should have involved in the successful
creation of good employee relations atmosphere, effective use of written and
oral communications, and productive interpersonal relations at all levels.
- Experience and demonstrated level of
expertise using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email applications,
SharePoint. Kronos, ADP, Taleo, Oracle Fusion a plus.
- Confidence with presenting in front of
large audience including executives, salary, and hourly workers. In
addition, exceptional interpersonal skills with establishing long-term working
relationships with all personnel and union officials.
- Professionalism related to relationships
with co-workers; encouraging an environment of fairness and
communication. Understands the role in the plant of being an employee and
company advocate and in return, seeks advocacy from the employees this role