This is a "hands on" business partnering role and will provide business leaders consultation and guidance on measures that support talent attraction, retention and development goals and by providing employee relations support to mitigate risk. This role also delivers training and development programs and drives local activities geared towards building organizational capability and positively impacting business results. Our Human Resources team partners with our centralized payroll, benefits, recruiting, compensation and Leave Support Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand business drivers and provides objective feedback to business leaders on process and initiatives that will drive long-term results.
- Collaborate with business leaders to ensure that the talent management strategy is effective and linked to the evolving business needs.
- Partner with the business leaders to ensure alignment and focus on goals related to employee engagement and other critical components that effect employee recruitment and retention.
- Advise, coach, and mediate on HR-related matters with employees and managers. Interpret, administer and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, company policies and procedures. Remain current and adhere to practices that will ensure an engaged workforce and compliant practices.
- Effectively investigate, document and provide guidance on corrective action or separation efforts when appropriate. This will include the ability to proficiently conduct formal investigatory efforts for behavior and conduct concerns and in response to employee complaints (i.e. harassment and discrimination cases).
- Facilitate associate orientation and various leadership training programs. Partner with local leadership to assess and identify high potential talent and provide partnered support and guidance for further development and education on how to fully leverage existing resources or methods.
- Participate in project team assignments for the HR organization that support the development and/or implementation of organization-wide projects and associate programs.
- Attend various business leadership meetings to ensure goal alignment at the site level.
- Assist in the development of solutions that support the business objectives and leadership capability.
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resource experience as a demonstrated business partner
- Strong employee relations and investigation skills preferred
- Experience in supporting multiple business groups and/or multiple field locations preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws/regulations related to human resources
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred or equivalent years of work experience
- Demonstrated commitment to continue education within Human Resources
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to drive strategy and HR initiatives and successfully influencing leaders to action
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Passion and ability to deliver effective presentations and facilitate training
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include:
- Ability to create team building environment
- Ability to resolve employee conflicts and offer advice and solutions creating a win/win situation for the employee and the company
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances and to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures and personalities
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft applications