Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand business drivers and provides objective feedback to business leaders on process and initiatives that will drive long-term results.
- Collaborate with business leaders to ensure that the talent management strategy is effective and linked to the evolving business needs.
- Partner with the business leaders to ensure alignment and focus on goals related to employee engagement and other critical components that effect employee recruitment and retention.
- Advise, coach, and mediate on HR-related matters with employees and managers. Interpret, administer and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, company policies and procedures. Remain current and adhere to practices that will ensure an engaged workforce and compliant practices.
- Effectively investigate, document and provide guidance on corrective action or separation efforts when appropriate. This will include the ability to proficiently conduct formal investigatory efforts for behavior and conduct concerns and in response to employee complaints (i.e. harassment and discrimination cases).
- Facilitate associate orientation and various leadership training programs. Partner with local leadership to assess and identify high potential talent and provide partnered support and guidance for further development and education on how to fully leverage existing resources or methods.
- Participate in project team assignments for the HR organization that support the development and/or implementation of organization-wide projects and associate programs.
- Attend various business leadership meetings to ensure goal alignment at the site level.
- Assist in the development of solutions that support the business objectives and leadership capability.
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resource experience as a demonstrated business partner
- Strong employee relations and investigation skills preferred
- Experience in supporting multiple business groups and/or multiple field locations preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws/regulations related to human resources
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred or equivalent years of work experience
- Demonstrated commitment to continue education within Human Resources
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to drive strategy and HR initiatives and successfully influencing leaders to action
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Passion and ability to deliver effective presentations and facilitate training
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include:
- Ability to create team building environment
- Ability to resolve employee conflicts and offer advice and solutions creating a win/win situation for the employee and the company
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances and to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures and personalities
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft applications
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide’s (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world’s largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, the company develops and operates an expansive portfolio of resorts, managing comprehensive vacation ownership sales, marketing, and consumer financing operations. The company’s seven primary consumer brands include: CLUB WYNDHAM®, WorldMark® by Wyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM® ASIA, WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham and WYNDHAM CLUB BRASILSM. As of December 31, 2016, the company has developed or acquired 219 vacation ownership resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America and the South Pacific that represent approximately 25,000 individual vacation ownership units and nearly 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is supported by approximately 18,000 associates worldwide.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary and bonus, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.1804614