The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs. This position plans, directs, and coordinates human resource management activities to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance. The HR Manager consults with top executives on strategic planning, and serves as a link between an organization’s management and its employees. The ideal candidate is an organized, analytical, problem-solver with the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks to ensure that daily HR operations are running effectively and efficiently.
- Directly supervises all salaried personnel assigned to HR Department.
- Provides evaluations, merit reviews and disciplinary write-ups for salaried personnel assigned to department.
- Oversees and makes recommendations on employee recruitment, hiring, terminations, transfers, training and promotions.
- Conducts strategic planning on HR issues.
- Overall responsibility for department planning, management, and reporting processes.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of compensation administration and other benefit programs.
- Responsible for company HR policies, communications, and employee relations
- Helps develop and conduct new hire orientation program.
- Has oversight responsibility for company training and safety programs.
- Acts as consultant to management on matters of legal or regulatory compliance for HR, safety or training matters.
- Maintains salaried personnel records and administers the salaried payroll system. Has general oversight of hourly records and payroll system.
- Acts as the lead representative for all workers compensationclaims that involve legal hearings or settlements.
- Acts as the company’s point of contact for community affairs activities.
- Conducts sensitive investigations (e.g. EEOC, and harassment) and makes independent recommendations for resolution of issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have thorough understanding of federal and Rhode Island labor laws
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team based organization
- Good understanding of our business goals and objectives with the ability to make sound decisions based on business conditions
- Ability to multi-task several projects at the same time
- Proficient PC and Microsoft Office skills - MP2, Excel, Word, E-mail and Oracle
- Detailed oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent listening and verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization
- Prefer PHR or SPHR certification desired
- Have 6-10 years of HR related experience in a high volume manufacturing setting
- Have 3-5 years of supervisor experience
Bachelors in Human Resources