The HR Manager is a business partner to operational leadership and is responsible for leading, implementing and executing the organization’s HR strategy, key projects and initiatives within the facility/group. Reporting to the Regional Director of HR or the Regional HR Manager, the HR Manager leads the facility/group HR team and is responsible for effective execution of human resources functions, such as Talent Development, Talent Acquisition and Selection, Engagement, Recognition, Performance Management, Organizational Development, Training, Associate Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Risk Safety, Labor Relations, Sustainability and Philanthropy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Leads the HR function for a facility, provides functional HR expertise, plans and executes on key projects.
- Directly manages team of Generalists and associates within the facility and drives performance in the local HR teams. Responsible for leveraging best practices and creating a culture of collaboration within the region/group, and nationally.
- Executes National HR programs within the facility. Ensures alignment with National HR processes and programs.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues to share best practices and leverage successes across the company. Supports peer networks across the company.
- Leverages network for learning when encountering a new challenge. Manages personal development following changes to company/region/facility/group strategy. Participates in development of HR colleagues.
Strategic Business Partnership
- Builds effective working relationships with leaders. Balances facility needs with National guidelines when making decisions. Provides transparency into work.
- Leverages a deep understanding of business needs and participates in solving business problems within the facility through the talent lens.
- Ensures that associate questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Participates and collaborates in supervisor, management, and staff meetings.
- Identifies metrics tracked throughout the organization. Derives insights from metrics, reports insights to business leaders, and uses those insights to solve business problems and improve processes.
Workforce Planning and Talent Management
- Develops and implements talent acquisition strategies, with respect to recruitment, interviewing skills, and candidate selection. Plans and executes tactical recruiting. Develops key metrics to evaluate performance, derives insights from metrics and uses data as input to evolve recruiting strategies.
- Responsible for implementing the workforce and talent agenda, creating a compelling experience that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives enterprise productivity.
- Forecasts current and future talent needs for the facility. Maintains and updates a succession plan for front line leadership and proactively identifies next generation leaders. Executes annual talent review process for the facility.
- Delivers training programs.
Engagement & Associate Relations
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Assesses and monitors associate engagement on a proactive, ongoing basis. Implements associate engagement surveys and action plans. Identifies trends and works to systematically address disengagement issues.
- Addresses associate concerns at local level, conducts investigations and facilitates problem resolution.
- Provides leaders and associates with coaching and resources to help them resolve and prevent interpersonal and team conflicts and adapt to different associate and leadership styles.
Execution of HR Function and Programs
- Implements HR initiatives and programs in new ways to adapt to changing associate and business needs. Seeks feedback from business leaders and associates on how HR could improve implementation of HR programs.
- Completes reports and information requests accurately and timely.
- Responsible for executing core annual programs, such as performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations, compensation planning, talent assessment, succession planning, wellness, annual enrollment, etc.
- Responsible for executing local programs for areas such as talent acquisition, engagement, recognition, training, wellness, and labor relations.
- Responsible for HR compliance activities within facility, requires thorough knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as federal and state/province laws.
- Responsible for ensuring that human resources functions, including recordkeeping, talent acquisition, promotions, terminations, etc. are all conducted in accordance with Company procedures and applicable legal requirements. Responsible for implementation of Affirmative Action Plan and goals.
- Travelrequired, may be up to 30%.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- PHR/SPHR/CHRL/CPHR Certification preferred
- 5-7 years of HR experience, or related field
- System Implementation Preferred
- Federal, state/province and local employment laws
- Knowledge of talent acquisition techniques, including recruitment, interviewing skills, and selection
- Understanding of compensation and benefit policies and programs, employee relations practices
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- Supervisory skills
- Drives for performance
- Effective project management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Relationship building skills
- Developing Talent
- Critical Thinking
- Strategic Thinking/Management
- Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
- Interacting with People at Different Levels