Plant HR Manager Position: The person in this role will manage all functions at a 600 person metals manufacturing plant.
The HR Manager will work with the Facility Leadership and the Division HR function to provide the facility with Human Resource services. He/she is responsible for understanding the business needs of the facility and then translating those needs into HR services to ensure the facility benefits from strategic Human Resource services and standardized processes. He/she is responsible for ensuring both the needs of the business and the needs of the people are met while driving Company’s standardized processes into the facility.
- Ensure implementation of Company policies and standardized processes within the Company facility.
- Assist in defining facility strategies (i.e. training, safety, compliance, labor).
- Deploy strategies and programs as designed by the Company.
- Provide feedback to the Facility Leadership, Function and Customers to ensure business needs are met.
- Lead positive employee relations programs in the facility.
- Perform employee and labor relations duties, including grievance procedures
- Provide strategic HR solutions to plant manager and staff.
- Assist and facilitate employee development programs from Company Organization Development & Learning Centers of Excellence.
- Facilitate issue resolution between employees and managers, as required.
- Coordinate staffing activities (including recruiting, selections, and placement) for the location.
- Act as a consultant to Business Leaders for Human Resource issues (i.e., career development, staffing, discipline, performance and talent management).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience.
- Typical Experience Required/Preferred (include management experience or other specifics):
- 5-7 years of progressive experience as HR generalist in manufacturing facility. Union facility experience required.
- Strong understanding of HR Law including FMLA, ADA, HIPPA, EEOC, ADEA
- Union Experience is required