Pliant Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is designed to be a selective inhibitor of αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is designed to be an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of αvβ1, targeting late-stage liver fibrosis and is partnered with Novartis. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, you will make an immediate impact advancing people strategy, nurturing our great culture and supporting our current and future Pliant team members. The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization and committed to developing programs and solutions that support the human and business needs of the organization
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with senior leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution to ensure a high-performing, engaged workforce.
- Support the business with organizational change and development, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
- Analyze and present relevant metrics and insights to the business to drive the focus and execution of strategy.
- Advise, guide and coach leaders at all levels within Pliant to navigate the complexities of managing teams, managing career development, developing a high-performance culture, providing conflict resolution strategies, etc.
- Provide candid feedback about talent moves, gaps, promotions, and growth opportunities and partner with leaders to ensure development plans exist to ensure continued growth of our talent.
- Work with managers and employees to address people relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Collaborate with others in the design and implementation of People programs.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of HR / HRBP experience in roles of increasing complexity and scope. You are a subject matter expert, with demonstrated experience in developing and managing HR programs, organizational design and overall talent management.
- Demonstrated experience influencing business leaders individually and collectively. You have courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance and advocate for the best interests of the organization.
- A strategic mindset, with an ability to focus on tactical and operational issues. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategic discussions.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are common
- A belief in a “People-first” approach to build teams and drive effective performance across the organization.
- Experience handling sensitive employee relations matters with tact and diplomacy. Well-versed in HR compliance, legislation and best practices.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills. Highly collaborative style and desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.
- Experience in hiring, managing and developing employees for performance and growth.
- Ability to operate in alignment with Pliant’s Values.
- Experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industries