Manage the Human Resource departmental functions to attain the organization’s goals. Responsible for managing recruitment, human resource development, communications, wages and benefits, safety and environmental support, worker’s compensation, training and employee involvement facilitation. Have a demonstrated ability and is highly effective in creating a vision that supports positive team member relations environment.
ESSENTIALS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Drive the alignment and execution of key people strategies that attract, train and retain employees to support the organization’s short and long term business goals.
- Manage the coordination and execution of workforce planning for the Plant.
- Responsible for ensuring high morale and strong employee relations. Coordinate activities and programs to promote employee engagement based on current needs and Employee Engagement Survey results.
- Understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures. Update policies and procedures when necessary and communicate accordingly throughout the Plant.
- Conduct employee relations investigations as needed, and make recommendations on any potential corrective action.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment practices. Work closely with legal when necessary.
- Responsible for all recruiting and staffing needs including contract, full-time, salaried, and hourly positions.
- Create and communicate departmental and plant-wide goals as part of the Annual Operating Plan (Strategic Planning) process.
- Develop and lead training and development initiatives as required.
- Ensure strong communications and provide guidance on change management initiatives.
- Responsible for compensation planning and adjustments as needed.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressive Human Resources experience, preferably in similar industry.
- Strong understanding of HR legislative requirements/laws (State & Federal).
- Experience in Manufacturing
- Automotive experience is preferred
- Prior supervisory experience
- PHR or SPHR certification, highly desirable.
- Solid interviewing experience/skills.
- Experience in training and facilitation.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Interested in growing with the company, preferably willing to relocate
- Strong customer focus.
- PC proficient.
- A team player that is results driven, able to work under pressure, has strong leadership skills, high energy, strong organizational skills, is empathetic and able to deal with issues in an open, honest manner.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or requests from employees and management.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees and management.