POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, and manages all activities of Human Resources Department to include employment, training, labor relations, workers' compensation, compensation, benefit administration, and payroll. Ensure compliance with all federal and state employment laws.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manages the Human Resource Department in compliance with federal, state and local policies.
- Negotiates and administers the collective bargaining agreement.
- Manages salaried and hourly employment, staffing and recruiting activities.
- Acts as member of the plant Safety Committee.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of plant health and safety non-compliance issues and inspection of the facility for OSHA compliance.
- Administers the workers' compensation program
- Provides succession planning, employee training, and counsels in career development.
- Provides technical and regulatory consultation when required regarding industrial hygiene and safety issues.
- Assist in the investigations of work-related injuries and development of programs to prevent accidents and injuries from recurring.
- Maintains the OSHA 300 log.
- Administers the TECT compensation and benefits programs
- Oversees compliance by management to all TECT policies
- Coordinates with other Managers the successful execution of the Performance Management and Development process.
- Coordinates with other Managers to create and execute strategic plans, annual goals and departmental objectives.
- Assists in special projects as assigned by the TECT Power Director of Human Resources.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and follow TECT's quality system requirements
- Ability to meet TECT job requirements and customer requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and abilities
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Computer skills
- Understanding of mathematics to meet the requirements of the job
- Excellent English: verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
Human Resources Manager
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (continued):
- Ability to multi-task
- Time Management skills
- Knowledge of the process
- Problem Solving nature
- Good presentation skills
- Work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to interpret reports
- Strong knowledge of all the aspects of production and operations
- Excellent managerial skills
- Education and experience in employee counseling, motivation, leadership, and problem solving.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Must be self-motivated, have a high level of integrity, and honesty.
- Must have sufficient knowledge and abilities related to safety procedures to function effectively.
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management, Business or related field is required from an accredited college or university. Five years Human Resource experience required: emphasis preferred on labor relations and employee development in a manufacturing environment.